Leasing a Dodge.....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shawn, Dec 27, 2000.

1. Shawn

Shawn Guest

Anyone know the criteria for leasing a Truck? I.E. credit score and salary? A friend of mine with pretty rotten credit leased a new Camry ($32,000). I was kinda surprised. That gave me an idea about leasing a new 4wd Dodge......Thanks

2. netKat

netKat Guest

I don't know the specific criteria, but you can expect a lot of leeway due to nature of the debt. Unlike a credit card, where there is no collateral, the truck can be repossessed in a virtual snap.

Negotiate. As a car/truck buyer, you are holding the cards.

Kat
    http://creditexpert.tripod.com/home.htm

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

BE CAREFUL WHEN LEASING IF YOU DRIVE TOO MANY MILES...YOU WILL PAY DEARLY!!!!

Check the numbers for both leasing and purchase.

I have seen 0.00% for 5 years for purchase!!!

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

32K for a CAMRY?

I guess that price, plus whatever you pay for an APR makes a total debt of $40K - for a friggin Camry!

I guess its not possible to drive a good 2 or 3 yr old Honda for $10K?

Yowww!! Dogman

5. Alwilda Sm

Alwilda Sm Guest

research what a lease actually is . . . too many fall for the spiel, "what do you care about the purchase cost, you are only leasing!" You are actually financing the amount of the purchase cost minus the projected value at the end of the lease. And by the way, the mileage allotment IS negotiable up front. Be careful!

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: 32K for a CAMRY?

damn must be 32K after financing . that would sound right. i'd go for the bmw if i had to spend that much!!

How did the APR work out?

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CHECK THE MATH!!!

What does the car cost after 5 years of lease payments...then you have no car.

Then what does it cost after 5 years with payments (as low as 0.00%) BUT YOU GET TO KEEP THE CAR!!!

8. Shawn

Shawn Guest

It was some limited edition. I dont know the specifics yet. I am not a fan of leasing, but my thought was(I still have late pays and 1 small collection)that I wont qualify to purchase a $31,000 Cummins Turbo Diesel. Usually any dealer wanting to stick a credit risk in a new car is going to be your typical entry unit. And when they wack you high interest, your total payment goes through the roof. I have just started adding positive credit, so it might take some time before I qualify. Thats where I got the lease idea. Thanks

9. MR G

MR G Guest

FYI IT IS HARDER TO QUALIFY FOR A LEASE THAN REGUALAR FINANCING. (EXCEPT THROUGH FORD RED CARPET LEASE...BUT THAT IS A RIP OFF) YOU ARE BETTER OFF TRYING TO GET FINANCED THROUGH GE CAPITAL.

10. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

GUARANTEED FORD LOANS!

Try going into the Ford Dealer.
    Pick out a brand new 2000 or 2001 EXPLORER.
    Make sure you get those FIRESTONE TIRES for that unflappable Ford FUN! They'll approve you in 30 seconds and you can drive off.
    THEN, you get a chance to experience those 2X weekly fillups at $45.00 every time !

They will finance a small child or even animals if their little paws can tap on the signature line.

Go for the EXPLORER! They have a few on hand right now I understand.
    Dogman

11. John Shimm

John Shimm Guest

Absolutely not true. In fact, leasing a vehicle requires GREATER credit scores (less credit risk to the lender) than purchasing. You have THEIR vehicle (you are only 'using' it). Those willing to neglect their credit responsibilities are more likely to neglect Dodge's vehicle.

Years ago, I wanted to least a Dodge 4x4. Could not do it (5 year old BK on history + other derogs). Came back with $8K and purchased a used, $23K Dodge 4x4 truck via Chrylser Credit.