Lenders credit view different

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, May 1, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Back in October my husband had a small bill (37) from the hospital, I paid this immediately and then disputed and also asked the hospital not to verify, they didn't and it was deleted. I have gotten TONS of his report since then and the item has never appeared again. Now last week my lender initally just pulled a quick report from Equifax for both of us, item still wasn't there. But yesterday he pulled a merged report and low and behold that 37.00 collection was there plain as day on Equifax, marked paid of course but there none the less. This really has me wondering what reports these lenders have access to??

Mom

2. Kat

Kat Well-Known Member

Did the fact that it was showing change your score?

3. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

Are the local and national Equifax databases the same or seperate entities? I have to send my disputes to the branch here in TX. So like if the local Equifax deletes something does it also have to send the delete notice to the national Equifax database? Could it be the merged report pulled it from a different database than the single reports did? Don't know what I'm talking about here so this is total speculation but don't see any other guesses.

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

No linda, I only deal directly with Equifax, nothing locally. I know lenders get a different view, not happy but got approved just the same.

Mom