Lending Tree can kiss my ...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by KHM, Nov 5, 2001.

1. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

Lending Tree has about 12 inquiries on EACH of my credit reports, I have never applied with them. I'm not too sure who could have but with my credit there is no doubt in my mind NO ONE would get a loan with my info. Anyway I emailed them regarding this, and we have been going back and forth, this is what it says:

Kellie,
    As I have stated before, electronic disclosures are a part of any loan process on our website. By clicking these disclosures, you agree to have your credit pulled. We are not required to have a physical signature, nor will we remove these inquiries at this time. If you file a fraud complaint with the credit bureaus, then they can contact us with any concrete information. Based on the fact that there have been several requests with your correct information over a long period of time, before any investigation of fraud on our part, you will need to file this fraud case with the credit bureaus.
    Thank you,

Robin Chandler
    Customer Care Performance Manager
    LendingTree, Inc
    Phone: (704)943-8726
    Fax: (704)944-8625
    Email:rchandler@lendingtree.com

Please tell there is something wrong with this picture???? Anyone?
    Kellie

2. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

Bump....
    anyone have any thoughts on this?

3. uniondiva

uniondiva Well-Known Member

You need to send them something in writing and make them aware that you did not at any time apply for a loan. You should ask them for proof that you were the one that applied for the loans.

I don't have any experience with this, but it seems the logical place to start since the email thing isn't working. Also, since you have a name, you could also ask for her supervisor.....

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Sounds like somebody is using your credit info to apply for loans.