Lending Tree

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Joan, Apr 13, 2000.

1. Joan

Joan Guest

Have anybody use their services? If so could you let me know the in and outs of it?
    Thanks in advance.

2. jeff

jeff Guest

there service sucks

3. Joan

Joan Guest

Could you elaborate, I am trying to understand how they operate and what they really offer.

4. Lorrie

Lorrie Guest

I used them to search for a credit card with a better interest rate, and it only came back with 1 card with terrible terms.

That they do is the following (at least to my understanding):
    1. Collect you personal information.
    2. Obtain your credit report.
    3. Based upon different lending institution criteria for approval, they determing which lending institutions have products they think you would be eligible for.
    4. Those that they think you would be elligible for, process an application for their product.
    5. Then they tell you if any of those approved you.

5. Joan

Joan Guest

Thank you

6. Shania

Shania Guest

They do suck! I asked to see if anyone would give me a small loan for debt consolidation and they said no one matched my info. I think they lied because there is always a bank or financial institution that will give a loan no matter how your credit is even if the APR is outragous.

7. Barbara

Barbara Guest

Do you know of any banks I could get a personal loan from? I have new credit, only about 10 months old and alot of inquiries. the credit I do have is all good.I need a bank or finance company. Thanks

8. Daniel

Daniel Guest

I know a great bank that is willing to help you. Andrews Federal Credit Union is great. They refinanced my car from 19.9% to 12.9%. Then they gave me a credit card with a $1000.00 limit. I also have new credit. But they were willing to help me

9. Shania

Shania Guest

Hey Daniel, I didn't know you were in the military? Are you stationed on Andrews AFB, MD? I am. In the Navy. I tried getting my car refinanced and they(not literaly) laughed in our faces.

10. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

I did use their services. I was not happy at all with it. Lending tree will pull a credit file on you, then submit it to various credit card companies (lists of affiliate banks are listed) that you qualify for, within those banks you'll receive either an "offer" or "decline." An "offer" DOES NOT mean that you are approved and your card is on its way. They, the bank will then pull another credit file on you and decide whether or not to grant you credit. In the long run..LOTS and LOTS of inquiries.

11. Barbara

Barbara Guest

This sounds like you would need to be a member, I need a bank or finance company. Thanks anyway.

12. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

Nice summation.

Who needs a middleman like Lending Tree which guarantees nothing but surely gives you multiple negative inquiries while they rake in the commissions from these companies. In other words they always win you lose (at the very least from a downgraded credit score).

I firmly believe most of us are very capable of seeking out the exact same companies (hell , its the same bunch, most of whom advertise like hell) and choose which inquiries we wish to be saddled with.