Lending Tree

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Flagirl, Dec 17, 2000.

1. Flagirl

Flagirl Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever used this service? I'm looking for a new car loan and my b-f with perfect credit is willing to co-sign for me. On the commercial for Lending Tree, it says that banks compete for your business. Would this be a good deal?
    THANKS!

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

You are almost ALWAYS better off getting dealer financing. Lending tree if will cause many inquiries to appear on his/your credit reports.

Go find the car you want, have him cosign a factory incentive financing. You'll end up with better rates, especially if its not a hot selling vehicle (audi,vw,mercedes,bmw,lexus,infinity,acura). If its american or jap you will get great rate that way!

3. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

No complaints about the Lending tree. I do agree with Sam, you can probably get better financing from the dealer. I got the absolute 0 deal from Mitsubishi, but before that I got turned down by 2 of the 3 lenders in lending tree. The one that did accept me, did offer a better rate than Mitsubishi after the 0 rate expires, so I am planning on refinancing later.

http://www.creditsense.com