LET'S CELEBRATE! 1ST PREMIER

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Donna, Feb 5, 2001.

1. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Yep, I just finished canceling that awful card! The rep tried to convince me that it would be in my best interest to keep it but I said no.

When he asked what was wrong, I said *everything*! Outrageous interest, low limits, incredibly stingy increases, ($50 with a perfect payment history) and monthly fees.

So he said, "Well, we hate to lose a good customer but I guess it's time we go our separate ways."

There was no offer of a credit increase or waiver of the monthly fee. The rep just kept emphasizing that this was a card for rebuilding credit.

At one point, he said, "You know, you don't actually have to use the card and we'll still continue to report your good history to the three bureaus."

"I know," I countered, but I still have to pay for the privilege, to the tune of $5 a month." "Even if I don't use the card at all, it's going to cost me $60 a year and that's too much!"

The card was only a year old but I just couldn't hang in there any longer. Hopefully, having the account for such a short period won't hurt my scores. But I just had to get rid of that thing!

Now...if only I could ditch my Cap One classic! Unfortunately, I don't see any hope of getting rid of it soon. Since it's my oldest account, I'm stuck. But 1st Premier is a lot worse, so I'm glad that card is gone.

Donna

2. zip

zip Well-Known Member

RE: LET'S CELEBRATE! 1ST PREM

Way to go! On to bigger and better!!

3. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Congratulations Donna!! I'd say it is a day for celebrations. Good for you, you didn't let them bully you into keeping it.

4. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks, Zip.

Initially, if I had known how lousy that card really was, I wouldn't have applied. $5 a month, plus nearly $200 in processing fees; not to mention, extremely stingy increases...1st Premier makes Cap One look generous...outrageous interest. I'm glad that card is gone!

Donna

5. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks, Jamie.

hehehehe There was no way I was gonna keep that card! It had to go! :) :) I'm definitely having a good day.

Donna

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

You just took out the trash..

Congratulations. It is time for me to cut them lose too. I will wait until next week. Congratulations again.....I will post to you at mid Feb. when I call and cancell. I opened them last March.......

roni

7. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Lets all do the happy dance. yeah!!!

8. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

RE: You just took out the tra

Let me tell you! Getting rid of that awful card really felt good!

I can't wait til you do it, too. Let us know. I'll definitely be here cheering.

Donna

9. CCMax

CCMax Guest

Hip Hip Hooray

Congratulations! I parted on much worse terms than you did, but the bottom line is they are history. Good riddance!

CC

10. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

RE: Hip Hip Hooray

Hmmmm.....You've really sparked my curiosity, CC. What did 1st Premier do to you? During the one year my account was active, I rarely had an occasion to deal with customer service. I just paid them each month and that was that.

Donna

11. CCMax

CCMax Guest

RE: Hip Hip Hooray

What didn't they do?!? Basically, it boiled down to their fees taking me over the limit (which was my fault), but after trying to keep head above water, paying more than minimum only to see my balance continue to grow uncontrollably because of other fees, I closed the account. I refused to pay their excessive fees, and the account was sent to collections. I settled with them, and now they are reporting me as (closed at creditor's request), charged off, and owing a balance of the difference between my settlement amount and the balance they say I owed. To give you an idea, my original credit limit was $400, paying every month more than the minimum every month,my balance still rose to more than $700. I thought paying them would make them go away, but I see they are still being vindictive, flat out lying about the closing of the account, and reporting an amount due, when I settled in full. I am of course disputing. They've been deleted from TU, I'm still waiting for Experian. So as you can see, I am very happy you got away from them! Spread the news!

CC

12. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

#aroo !!!!!

#fireworks
    #applause
    #can
    #dog
    #chips :)

13. confused

confused Guest

Those clueless leeches send me mailings about twice a month trying, like the viper and bloodsuckers they are, to reel me in. And the Thursday following their unsolicited entrance into my mailbox, the tiny remains of their "offer" finds its way among the other refuse and unwanted junk that our wonderful sanitation workers take away, never to be seen or recognized in its original form again. Once upon a time, there was a visa card called the Global One Visa. I was ecstatic because after years of struggling with damaged credit, they weree willing to give this desperate soul a chance. All I needed to do was provide them with income verification and the card would be sent asap. However, when I went back to their websight and discovered I would be privy to a whopping $375 limit, 149 processing fee, 50 application fee, 60 annual fee, and some other miscelaneous fees, I would have twenty bucks in available credit. I called and cancelled before they could even print up the card but somehow, the card got printed anyway. I then cut up the card, burnt it and called them back to tell them what I had done. The cr reads "lost card, account closed by consumer."

Jamie wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Lets all do the happy dance. yeah!!!