Let's start a general F.A.Q.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by supershawn, Aug 13, 2001.

1. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Why don't we take NanaC's idea about 'Card's after BK' and run with it.....

Let's start a general FAQ that we can build on as time goes by. It will be great for New members plus a huge resource for all on the board.

Just reply to the previous message in the thread, adding what you think it needs, or repairing mistakes. We can all work together and get the good stuff in the open.

Let's start off with the framework, like an outline. What does it need....

1- Credit reporting agencies. Address, Phone, Fax, how to get reports, how to get scores.

2- Life after BK/General Credit Building...easiest to get cards, cards asfter BK, cards that wont allow BK, etc...

3- Disputes. Methods that have worked, have not worked. What to try. What NOT to do.

4- Inquiry. How many is too many, how to dispute.

Thats a start...Keep it going!

C'mon Struggler, C'mon NanaC......

Shawn

2. TCEast

TCEast Well-Known Member

I would like to see:

The registered agents of each CRA in each state who can be served with a lawsuit.
    I personally need the ones for California (in Los Angeles County if available).

That's my contribution!

3. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Great! Any other ideas? Anyone, Anyone....Bueller, Bueller?LOL!

Shawn

4. kbelle72

kbelle72 Well-Known Member

This may sounds stupid, but when I first started coming to the board, I was somewhat unsure of what all your shorthand meant. Maybe we could also add a couple of common words in your list.

5. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

My contribution: Links to sites where you can access your credit report online, and credit guard services.

I spent a couple of days searching for an old post to find a place to get my Experian report online, www.truecredit.com. I was wondering today if there is a site to get my TU report online.

I know several of us use www.privista.com for Equifax. The Equifax site also has a service, does it not?

Also, and this may take some doing, if I am planning on applying for a CC, I always run a search here first....a rating system with comments by members would be nice. I already know what George is going to say about NextCard, LOL.