Letter FOr Removal

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Carrie, Apr 29, 2001.

1. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

I am very new to this so please be patient with me.

I have 4 negs that I need to be removed from my credit reports. I have this letter typed up and ready to send cirtified mail Please tell me if this is sufficient enough for a first try.

Experian
    P.O. Box 9556
    Allen, TX 75013
    date
    To WHom It May Concern,
    Please prove the accuracy on this account on my file.

account:xxxxxxx
    The Bank In Question
    Their Address
    Their state and zip

I am enclosing a copy of the reprot for your records.

Thank You

My Name
    My SS#

My Address.

This particular account is for a 70.00 bill that was paid to the Dr. but he has no record of my account. I unfortunately have no record of the checks to prove I sent them.

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I would leave out the line statting you have no proof you paid it, never give them too much information.

Mom

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Good Suggestion Mom.
    I say let her have a shot at it!
    Why not?
    What they gonna do, hang her from the yardarm at high noon for her attempt? LOL

I've seen a lot worse.

Just hope she isnt thinking of going to Equifax with that. they will shoot her down in flames real quick for no I.D>
    Not for her letter.

Bill Bauer
    bbauer1@netzero.net

4. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

Hi Carrie,

You may want to call Experian (800-493-1058) and ask for the address to send disputes to. I did last week before sending out another round of disputes and was told the P.O. Box for disputes is 9595, not 9556. They have different box nbrs for different types of coorspondences, plus I'd read on these boards that sometimes they close out a PO Box and open up a new one.

Also, I think you need to say why you're disputing (not my account, should say paid, wrong balance, whatever) otherwise they may say it's a frivilous dispute because they don't know what they're supposed to investigate.

Another thing, you may want to include your Date of Birth under your SSN and don't forget to put in the report number that is on your Experian report.

My handwritten letter looks like this:

Date xx-xx-xx

Dear Experian,

Please investigate the following items:

Creditor so-and-so, #xxxxxxx - Not Mine
    Creditor such-n-such, #xxxxxx - Dublicate Item
    Creditor blah-blah, #xxxxx - Dublicate Item
    Creditor yet-another, #xxxxxxxx -Not Mine

Thank you, (my signature)

(my name and address)

SSN: xxx-xx-xxxx
    DOB: xx-xx-xx