Letter from CA...how to proceed?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by snakeman, Sep 20, 2003.

1. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

SnakeMan
    123 blabla Rd
    Anytown USA

RE: Lansing Board of water and Light $123.63
    Lansing Oral Surgery $1283.00
    Lansing State Journal $66.88
    Lansing State Journal $50.16
    Hubbard Fox Law Firm $281.91

Dear Mr. Snake:

I am responding to your request for information regarding your debts with Lansing Oral Surgery and Lansing Board of Water and Light. Above I have listed all of your debts placed with this office for collection. We will notify the credit repositories to mark those specific items as disputed.

Attached you will find complete account history for the creditors you requested. The attachments for Lansing Board of water and light include order information when service established, as well a discontinued, and all billing information. Lansing Oral Surgery has provided the itemization of charges and registration form with signature. If requested, we will provide verification of the other debts listed.

The "Creditor Disclosure statement" you provided has not been completed, as we are not the creditor, and this office would not have the information to some of your requested items. You should address this to the appropriate creditors.

Thank you,

Knowitall Collection Agency.

This is an attempt to collect a debt and any information provided will be used for that purpose.

O.k., first of all, the law firm debt is BS. My wife and I met with him last year to discuss a BK and were told it was a free consultation. After we decided not to file, he sends a bill. Lansing Oral Surgery was mine but not for nearly as much. They somehow in 2 years have doubled the amount owed. Looks to me like this Agency isn't stupid.

Any ideas on how to proceed? They sent me a copy of the "registration" form from the dentists office. This is the form that all people fill out before being seen by the DR. It has all my info on it including my SSN and DL# and DOB and Signature. But it is merely a registration form. Is that evidence that I owe them for a debt? The next letter they show is a copy to establish proof for the utility bill. It shows nothing more than dates and meter readings and my typed name next to them.

What do you think?

SnakeMan

2. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

Ummmm......BUMP?

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

4. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

5. lbrown59

Can't remember where I've read it, but the courts would probably accept a utility bill without a signature as the business norm is to do this stuff over the phone.
    jlynn
    =====================
    There should still be a work order for actually connecting the service.
    True an order requesting service can be taken over the phone, however the actual connection cannot be accomplished over the phone.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

6. Gai-jin

Gai-jin Well-Known Member

Mr Brown,
    I would have to disagree. I have worked for two landline phone companies and many if not most of our new service connections happened without a tech ever going onsite. If the service was connected previously, its a matter of moments to reprogram the switch and have service enabled to the address.

In my experience, power and water are often done in a similar fashion... left on, and when the new cust calls to establish service, the only change is a new account created in the new cust's name, no tech visit. Thus, no signed work order would exist.

Just my $.02 worth...

Gai-jin

7. lbrown59

Mr Brown,
    1*I would have to disagree. I have worked for two landline phone companies and many if not most of our new service connections happened without a tech ever going onsite. If the service was connected previously, its a matter of moments to reprogram the switch and have service enabled to the address.

2*In my experience, power and water are often done in a similar fashion... left on, and when the new cust calls to establish service, the only change is a new account created in the new cust's name, no tech visit. Thus, no signed work order would exist.

3*Just my $.02 worth...

Gai-jin
    1 _ 2
    This will only work on existing service. What about wher there wasn't prior service?
    3*Your 2 Cents ain't worth a nickel.