Letter from creditor!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by author_22, Aug 18, 2001.

1. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

I got this letter from a large national bank today, does anyone have a suggested reply? Because they are full of it in my opinion. I sent them a letter insisting on proof that I applied for something, and if they didn't have it, that they needed to remove the inquiry from my report.

Should I use Planet Feedback and follow up by snail, try Equifax, or ignore the issue?

August 13, 2001

Dear Ms. XXXXXX,

Thank you for taking the time to write to XXXXX regarding a credit bureau inquiry initiated by us. I appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns.

XXXXXX, you applied for a Personal Savings Account through the XXXXXXX Internet Website on August 1, 2001. As a part of the application process, XXXXXX does conduct a credit bureau inquiry. As you know, you were declined for that account as a result of the credit bureau report. There is a disclosure on our website regarding this process, which is fairly standard throughout the financial services industry. We regret if this has caused you any confusion or inconvenience.

It is my hope that this letter serves to clarify XXXXXXX's position with regard to this matter. If I may be of assistance in the future, please call me toll free at XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sincerely,
    XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Office of the President

This company that discussed my letter on the phone without my consent, (this is not Discover) and told my brother they were sure my complaint was off base.

I am very insulted by their letter, because this has nothing to do with proving I authorized an inquiry with my signature. I also resent the "As you know" I did NOT get any kind of letter from this company.

What should I do?

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Send certified, RR letter telling them it wasn't you that applied (if it wasn't) or leading them to believe it wasn't you if you did.

Tell them you have never received any other correspondence from them, but that they called a relative and discussed it with him. Act dumb, blonde, confused..."why is this happening to me??? Why won't you tell me anything?"

It might work.

breeze

3. Surphie

Surphie Well-Known Member

did You apply for that personal savings account through their website or you didn't but someone else did? Someone else had your info (Social, address, etc) and applied? Sorry, I didn't understand that part.

4. Lionel

Lionel Well-Known Member

If you applied thru the intertet, they do not have to provide a signature because there is no physical signature. As a matter of fact, there was some law passed in1999 or 2000 which makes electronic submissions binding under most circumstances.

BTW, why do companies keep discussing these things with your brother? don't you think that's kind of strange?

5. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

Lionel,

It doesn't surprise me. Because from the time I was seven, bill collectors told me all my parent's business and made threats...like "We'll have your parents' custodial rights removed if you don't tell them to pay the XXXXXX bill of XXXXXX" and such. When collectors call for me, they almost always give my mother and brother far too much information. I have made three disputes independent of credit bureaus, as to not tip them off too much. All three companies have discussed my complaint and their opinions of it with both my mother and brother, supposedly in the context of leaving a message.

My mother's father also was called several times at his home regarding late bills, and we get calls concerning my mother's mother (just distinguishing which side of the family!) My father's mother was called in Texas and threatened with prison if she didn't make him pay his bills.

These collectors are 99% of the time evil and violate the laws thinking we don't know better.

Steph