Letter from Lender and dept of ed.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Apr 27, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I got a letter from the lender of my student loans and the guarantor. It was sent to me and the dept of education. This letter confirmed that they were deleting the student loan defaults.

It also contained a copy of the deletion slip that the creditors send to the credit bureaus for deletions. The form is so simple. Actually I got this slip once before when I had another deletion.

Funny. It is just a matter of them checking a box and having our defaults deleted. Of course the form must include the creditors ID # or I would be making some copies and sending them out...lol . Fraud I know. Just joking.

roni

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

...AND THEY, (CREDITORS) SAY THEY "CAN'T DELETE SOMETHING...

3. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

WTG Roni! You are such and inspiration. How long was this fight. Doing some celebrating????

Kelly

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Kelly. thanks

Very pleased. Written confirmation is definitely a plus. 2 year fight. Loans defaulted 2/99. What a relief.

They also said they had no liability. They are just covering their butts for funking up my credit. I thank them in a way. I never would have learned about credit if it were not for that tragedy.

roni

5. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Cool!

Nice job Roni!

Which reminds me that I have to contact my school and have them fix my Perkins loan which at one point was reporting 120+ days late which was totally false! My school uses some company (can't remember the name) to handle their Perkins loans and I had sent the money to the school directly and they never notified the othe company. But Junum has somehow got this entry off of a couple of my reports. I have to check and see....maybe I should just not say anything to my school if it is gone from my reports.

6. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Great Accomplishment

Good for you Roni, that is great news for ya! I'm currently in deferrment----have to take a summer class to keep my status.....checked with the local community college, they want SIX, count 'em-- 6, credit hours PER SUMMER SESSION (4 weeks) for HALF time status...yeah, right! The University I attend only wants three for the entire summer. Guess what I chose.
    I sure appreciate the sharing of info on the student loans...will be facing repayment in a couple of years and I need to learn as much as I can.
    Since I'm in deferrment, will they count against me when I go for a mortgage in the next couple months?

Yikes....
    AnnMarie

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: Great Accomplishment

thank you.

NO, the loans will not count b/c they are not in repayment.

You see your student loans show up on your credit report when they are in repayment as a monthly debt.

I would not worry.

roni

8. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Thanks Roni :)
    They are on there but it clearly does state "in deferrment" I'm still trying to figure out how to get financing on a house.....how is it going for you??? Any more meetings with charming men?

am

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

i havenot hear anything from him. But he said my student loans were my only problem.

I CANT WAIT to send him the letter from the dept of education. I mean this couldnot have happened at a better time. God watches out for me girl.

Since he probably thought I was a liar (as well as some people at this forum), I will enjoy showing him the proof....

I will definitely let you know how it goes. Dont forget to put plenty of ice on your face tonight. Twenty minutes on and then twenty minutes off.

roni

10. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

Excellent news Roni.

I was thinking the sane thing while reading your post! Too bad you can't hit the copy machine and start sending those forms to everyone! Glad to see you finally got the resolution you deserved along time ago.

Judy

11. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Roni, Hows the house situation? Have you moved in yet? -Dave

12. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Judyprudy,
    Thanks girl. Mp$40 and I were trying to think of a way to make it work...(the deletion forms..lol) any ideas?

Dave,
    I dont close on the townhome/condo until Sept 15. I actually went today to finalize my options. $11,400 in options. Boy did I go overboard. I have a while to move and my lease for my apartment isnot up until October 1. I am still waiting approval for my FHA. I am sure that it will go though. My condo just squeaked below FHA maximum amount guidelines.

roni

13. judyputy

COOL!

What kind of options did you pick?

judy

14. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Girl,
    I picked :
    -Fireplace w/mantle (of course)
    -upgrade carpeting
    -double door frig
    -upgrade vinyl flooring kitchen
    -ceiling fan
    -high hat lighting
    -upgrade fixtures (bathrooms)
    -hardwood floor foyer (chestnutt)
    -upgrade WHITE cathedral kitchen cabinets
    -attic

I think that is all. WEll, all i remember. Boy did they add to the price.

roni
    -

15. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

That sounds awesome...gives you time to save some cash too (sure that will happen - I saw the V.S. purchase and wanna know what you bought :).

I like the options too. Sounds like a beautiful place. Scan in a picture when it's done. -Dave

16. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

WASN'T ME!!!!!!!!

17. judyputy

SOUNDS GREAT!

You will be sooo glad that you upgraded all the flooring.

The stuff they put in on the builder level is awful and the padding is the thing that makes or breaks how long your carpet lasts.

Great to have an attic and a Fireplace (with natel) is a must!

ENJOY YOUR NEW HOME. I BET YOU CAN'T WAIT TO SIGN AND MOVE IN!

judy

18. miles

miles Well-Known Member

That is great roni!! I am happy for you and impressed by your persistance. That is the key. :)

19. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Listen to JudyPuty, Roni. Make sure you get the extra padding, because that will make your carpet last longer. I am very happy for you.