Letter from OC Re FRAUD

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Thee One, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Thee One

Thee One Well-Known Member

Dear Thee One,

OC had completed the investigation into your claim of fraud. Based on the info discovered during our investigation, as well as any info you might have supplied in your Affidavit, OC is denying your fraud claim for the following reasons:

All evidence available supports the transaction was authorized; payments recieved

All available evidence supports that you won the account; statements were sent ; the accounthas been opened since xxxx.

Please contact the Recovery Dept to make payment arrangemtns, or send in a detailed letter with evidence to support your claim to fraud.

As a result of OC denial of your dispute; effective immediately your account will begin accruing interest and you will recieve your next billing statement.

Thank you yatta yatta yatta. Call xxxxxxxx if you have any questions or require additional info.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    The first thing is, I paid this account. Settled with a CA. That was years ago unforunately and I don't have the record. Secondly, I never sent this OC any kind of letter. I simply disputed via the CRA's, apparently that was enough for them to investigate my account for fraud.

My question is what do I do, if they try to collect? I have an old CR that shows the TL for the account being legally settled for less than full amount. But I've since had it disputed off. The debt is way past SOL if I did owe it, and actually scheduled to stop being reported next year altogether. Any help is appreciated.

!

2. Thee One

Self serving bump

3. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Why not pursue it?

Ok, you say you have all this stuff that proves it is mine, show me.

4. Thee One

So I should send them a Val letter? Or draft a different letter taking into account the letter they sent me?

5. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

OC's do not have to validate, but I would just compose my own.

BTW - How did they verify the signature is yours, since it was a CRA dispute?

just a thought...

6. Thee One

Good point! Somehow I don't think they did. : ) Thanks for the Help, I'll draft a letter and post it here for a critique if you wouldn't mind looking it over. Thanks a bunch!