Letter Question...Will it Work

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Dustin, Apr 17, 2001.

1. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

I have a template of a letter from a lawyer (with the formal line numbers, court info, etc). Would I get better results if I used a letter typed (with GREAT formal wording, law terms, etc) on this to the CRA's, creditors, etc. than if I used a standard letter format?

Just want to get the repo off my report, everything else is fairly easy.

Dustin

BTW: Got my updated Equifax back yesterday: 2 more deletions (1 last chargeoff and 1 old deliniqent account). That leaves me with 3 collections and 1 repo. : ) Sent off another letter today! : ) Hopefully, more deletions! : )

2. CD

CD Guest

Better Off Simple

Dustin:
    Youâ??re much better off, IMHO, to compose and deliver a dispute letter in less formal terms. The pervasive misconception is that technical legalize intimidates the CRA into submission, when really all it does is demonstrate a level of expertise the author may not truly possess. Besides, itâ??s highly unlikely the review staffer reading the complex letter will appreciate the significance. Keeping it simple is far better.

This is NOT to say one shouldnâ??t cite law, but rather do it in oneâ??s own words.

Another aspect to consider is that should litigation ensue, the court may hold the consumer to a higher standard; that is, especially if writings warrant it. Bluff is one thing, backing it up is altogether another matter. If one isnâ??t a lawyer or skilled in court matters they shouldnâ??t attempt to play one in real life, or bluff like they can. Use your own wording when composing the writing.

Keep The Faith,
    Anthony Villaseñor,
    CreditDefenses.com

3. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Re: Better Off Simple

Great points. I will stick to the regular letters. Thought it might be a shot if they got it and thought that it had escilated past the point of regular disputes!
    But, if it gets worse (lawsuit), I would have the big lawyers on my butt! Something I don't want. I should use Roni's letter (responding to Lexington's! lol):

"I has somes bad stuff on me's credit 'port. Take it off, or else!"

Thanks for the tips!

Dustin

4. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Re: Better Off Simple

KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid as the quote goes.. probably the best for the idiots that work at the CRAs..