letter to blow collection agen

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Example of, Apr 17, 2000.

1. Example of

Example of Guest

Does anyone have an example of a letter to keep collection agencies from bothering you?

2. Credit  Ra

Credit Ra Guest

RE: letter to blow collection

An excellent set of resources can be found with the letter you seek in a "word" file at www.primenet.com/%7Ekielsky/credit/credit.html

or if you really want to get rid of them hire "Bobby" as your ghostwriter or better yet show his baby picture

Regards, Credit Ranger(tm)

3. Janna Rash

Janna Rash Guest

Sample Letter

Yes, here is an example:

Dear Sir or Madam:

Please do not contact me. I do not have money to pay you, and even if I did, I wouldn't pay you anyway. I'm just waiting the full 7 years. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Joan Casper

4. Credit  Ra

Credit Ra Guest

RE: Sample Letter

quick example:

(Certified Leter 1234567)

Cheatem Collections
    123 Fagetaboutit Ave
    Chicago, IL

17 April 2000

RE: Account 5145454156

Dear Sir or Madam:

I request that you CEASE and DESIST in your efforts to collect on the above referenced account (SEE letter attached). It is my personal policy not to deal with collection agencies and I will only deal with the original creditor of this account.

You are hereby instructed to cease collection efforts immediately or face legal sanctions under applicable Federal and State law.

GIVE THIS LETTER THE IMMEDIATE ATTENTION IT DESERVES (scumbag is optional)

Cordialy

Scott Free

5. BOB

BOB Guest

Credit Ranger, I thought you changed your handle to the "formerly known as CR"

6. Credit Ran

Credit Ran Guest

Bob- I hated to add an identity crisis to a midlife crisis. As my father, the Credit Batman used to say.....It only goes to show you......there's always something.........
    best - C.R.

7. KT

KT Guest

Serious Letter to Collection A

SEND CERTIFIED MAIL - RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED:

Dear Sir/Madam: In accordance with my rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, please take notice that this is my formal request for your office to cease communication with my by phone [and/or by mail]. Should your office find it necessary to communicate with me regarding any activity on this account, please do so in writing at the above address.

[Assuming your debt is valid and you want to repay it, add the following]: I will continue to send intermittance payments to your office until the balance is paid in full.

[If the debt is disputed, send a letter stating you do not owe the debt, ask them to provide proof and do this Certified Mail, RRR within 30 days from receiving the first notice!!]

GOOD LUCK