letter to CRA for verifieds??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by geekpipe, Apr 18, 2001.

1. geekpipe

geekpipe Well-Known Member

Anyone have something come back as verified and want to ask the CRA how they verified? Well i do and would like anyone who has a sample letter to please post a rough draft or sample they woudl use. I just want to get an idea what information would be included in this letter and how to say "Either tell me who/how you verified this or delete"

What if the info comes back verified, but you know both the creditor and CRA are stil lshowing it incorrectly? I want to delete this so I dont want to say "Hey this is wrong date" for fear they will just correct it. I want them to delet it. How does one write that?

Thanks

Kevin

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

3. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

One example

Sample letter #6 from: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/credit-repair/files/Letters/

Your Name
    123 Your Street Address
    Your City, ST 01234

Big Credit Bureau
    Their Street Address
    Some City, ST 56789

6/21/1999

Dear Credit Bureau,

This letter is a formal request for the description of the procedures used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the disputed information, including the business name, address, and telephone number of any furnisher of information contacted in connection with this re-investigation.

I am disappointed that you have failed to maintain reasonable procedures to assure complete accuracy in the information you publish, and insist you comply with the law by providing the requested information within the 15 days allowed.

For your benefit, and as a gesture of my goodwill, I will restate the relevant dispute:

CREDITOR AGENCY, acct. 123-34567-ABC

As already stated, the listed item is inaccurate and incomplete, and is a very serious error in reporting. Please supply a corrected credit profile to all creditors who have received a copy within the last 6 months, or the last 2 years for employment purposes.

Additionally, please provide the name, address, and telephone number of each credit grantor or other subscriber.

Sincerely,

your signature

Your Name
    SSN# 123-45-6789

4. geekpipe

geekpipe Well-Known Member

Re: One example

Has that ever worked for anyone?

What if the info comes back verified, but you know both the creditor and CRA are stil lshowing it incorrectly? I want to delete this so I dont want to say "Hey this is wrong date" for fear they will just correct it. I want them to delete it NOT update it. How does one write that?

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

don't give them any info

just send the letter. The burden is on them to make sure the information is correct, *without* you telling them what information you want corrected. The theory is that this is too much trouble and too expensive, so they will just delete it instead.

Have you read this? verrrrrrry interesting and closely related court opinion.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/credi...es/CUSHMAN v. TRANS UNION CORP., 115 F.3d 220

breeze

6. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

Re: don't give them any info

Sorry breeze, but I really disagree. They have to be told something. They can't read your mind and if you give them nothing they are going to say sorry and shred the whole thing.

I would rather try to be helpful and get something than be vague, plead the 5th and expect them to just delete the whole thing. I know that is the theory, but I don't think it works in practice.

I asked the CSRep last time and she said they send a letter or e-mail and it comes back verified. They have no idea who exactly gets the letter. They don't know... they don't CARE... and they don't have to do anything.

I am going the route next time of hassling the creditor and demanding a letter from them stating they have no info on me and can't verify anything. Then I will send that in to the CRA.

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Re: don't give them any info

Hi Judy,

Sorry, I have trapped myself a few times by giving unnecessary information - I just don't do it anymore.

I usually use the advice on the yahoo board. This is the letter they suggest. It really doesn't give any specific information:

Your Name
    123 Your Street Address
    Your City, ST 01234

Big Credit Bureau
    Their Street Address
    Some City, ST 56789

2/10/1999

Dear Credit Bureau,

This letter is a formal complaint that you are reporting inaccurate and incomplete credit information.

I am distressed that you have included the below information in my credit profile and have failed to maintain reasonable procedures in your operations to assure maximum possible accuracy in the credit reports you publish.

Credit reporting laws ensure that bureaus report only 100% accurate credit information. Every step must be taken to assure the information reported is completely accurate and correct.

The following information therefore needs to be re-investigated. I respectfully request to be provided proof of this alleged item, specifically the contract, note or other instrument bearing my signature. Failing that, the item must be deleted from the report as soon as possible:

The listed item is completely inaccurate and incomplete, and is a very serious error in reporting. Please delete this misleading information, and supply a corrected credit profile to all creditors who have received a copy within the last 6 months, or the last 2 years for employment purposes.

Additionally, please provide the name, address, and telephone number of each credit grantor or other subscriber.

Under federal law, you have 30 days to complete your re-investigation. Be advised that the description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information is hereby requested as well, to be provided within 15 days of the completion of your re-investigation.

Sincerely,

your signature

Your Name
    SSN# 123-45-6789

8. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

if CRA doesn't respond..

Your Name
    123 Your Street Address
    Your City, ST 01234

Big Credit Bureau
    Their Street Address
    Some City, ST 56789

3/20/1999

RE: Dispute Letter of 2/10/1999

Dear Credit Bureau,

This letter is formal notice that you have failed to respond in a timely manner to my dispute letter of 2/10/1999, deposited by registered mail with the Post Office on that date.

As you are well aware, federal law requires you to respond within 30 days, yet you have failed to respond. Failure to comply with these federal regulations by credit reporting agencies are investigated by the Federal Trade Commission (see 15 USC 41, et seq.). I am maintaining a careful record of my communications with you on this matter, for the purpose of filing a complaint with the FTC should you continue in your non-compliance. I further remind you that, as in Wenger v. Trans Union Corp., No. 95-6445 (C.D.Cal. Nov. 14, 1995), you may be liable for your willful non-compliance.

Be aware that I am making a final goodwill attempt to have you clear up this matter. You have 15 days to cure.

For your benefit, and as a gesture of my goodwill, I will restate my dispute. The following information needs to be verified and deleted from the report as soon as possible:

The listed item is completely inaccurate and incomplete, and is a very serious error in reporting. Please delete this misleading information, and supply a corrected credit profile to all creditors who have received a copy within the last 6 months, or the last 2 years for employment purposes.

Under federal law, you had 30 days to complete your re-investigation, yet you have failed to respond. Do not delay further.

Be advised that the description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information is hereby requested as well, to be provided within 15 days of the completion of your re-investigation.

Sincerely,

your signature

Your Name
    SSN# 123-45-6789

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

if they still don't get it..

Your Name
    123 Your Street Address
    Your City, ST 01234

Big Credit Bureau
    Their Street Address
    Some City, ST 56789

4/30/1999

RE: Dispute Letter of 2/10/1999, Follow-up Letter of 3/20/1999

NOTICE OF INTENT TO FILE COMPLAINT

Credit Bureau,

This letter shall serve as formal Notice of my Intent to file a Complaint with the FTC, due to your blatant disregard of the law.

As indicated by the attached copies of letters and mailing receipts, you have been delivered by registered mail both a dispute letter, dated 2/10/1999, as well as a follow-up letter, dated 3/20/1999. As of this moment, you have not done your duty mandated under the law. Your inaction in this matter is inexcusable, and your disregard for the law is contemptible. Rest assured, I will hold you to account.

As you are well aware, federal law requires you to respond within 30 days, yet you have failed to respond. Failure to comply with these federal regulations by credit reporting agencies are investigated by the Federal Trade Commission (see 15 USC 41, et seq.). I am maintaining a careful record of my communications with you on this matter, for the purpose of filing a complaint with the FTC should you continue in your non-compliance. I further remind you that, as in Wenger v. Trans Union Corp., No. 95-6445 (C.D.Cal. Nov. 14, 1995), you may be liable for your willful non-compliance.

For the record, the following information is being erroneously included on my credit report, as I have advised you on two separate occasions, more than 75 days and again 40 days ago:

If you do not immediately remove this inaccurate and incomplete information, I will file a formal complaint with the FTC. Furthermore, I intend to seek redress in civil action, for recover of both damages, costs, and attorneys fees, should you continue in your deliberate obstruction of the law. For this purpose, I am carefully documenting these events, including the lack of response REQUIRED under law from you.

You are further directed to supply a corrected credit profile to all creditors who have received a copy within the last 6 months, or the last 2 years for employment purposes.

Under federal law, you had 30 days to complete your re-investigation, yet you have failed to respond. Your continued delays are inexcusable.

Be advised that the description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information is hereby requested as well, to be provided within 15 days of the completion of your re-investigation.

Sincerely,

your signature

Your Name
    SSN# 123-45-6789

10. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Re: if they still don't get it

Your Name
    123 Your Street Address
    Your City, ST 01234

Big Credit Bureau
    Their Street Address
    Some City, ST 56789

4/30/1999

RE: Dispute Letter of 2/10/1999, Follow-up Letter of 3/20/1999

NOTICE OF INTENT TO FILE COMPLAINT

Credit Bureau,

This letter shall serve as formal Notice of my Intent to file a Complaint with the FTC, due to your blatant disregard of the law.

As indicated by the attached copies of letters and mailing receipts, you have been delivered by registered mail both a dispute letter, dated 2/10/1999, as well as a follow-up letter, dated 3/20/1999. As of this moment, you have not done your duty mandated under the law. Your inaction in this matter is inexcusable, and your disregard for the law is contemptible. Rest assured, I will hold you to account.

For the record, the following information is being erroneously included on my credit report, as I have advised you on two separate occasions, more than 75 days and again 40 days ago:

If you do not immediately remove this inaccurate and incomplete information, I will file a formal complaint with the FTC. Furthermore, I intend to seek redress in civil action, for recover of both damages, costs, and attorneys fees, should you continue in your deliberate obstruction of the law. For this purpose, I am carefully documenting these events, including the lack of response REQUIRED under law from you.

You are further directed to supply a corrected credit profile to all creditors who have received a copy within the last 6 months, or the last 2 years for employment purposes.

Under federal law, you had 30 days to complete your re-investigation, yet you have failed to respond. Your continued delays are inexcusable.

Sincerely,

your signature

Your Name
    SSN# 123-45-6789

11. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Judy

If your post about "pleading the fifth" is a continuation of the Bill Bauer/Lizard King argument, I respectfully decline to enter the fray.

12. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

request for procedure descript

Your Name
    123 Your Street Address
    Your City, ST 01234

Big Credit Bureau
    Their Street Address
    Some City, ST 56789

6/21/1999

Dear Credit Bureau,

This letter is a formal request for the description of the procedures used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the disputed information, including the business name, address, and telephone number of any furnisher of information contacted in connection with this re-investigation.

I am disappointed that you have failed to maintain reasonable procedures to assure complete accuracy in the information you publish, and insist you comply with the law by providing the requested information within the 15 days allowed.

For your benefit, and as a gesture of my goodwill, I will restate the relevant dispute:

As already stated, the listed item is inaccurate and incomplete, and is a very serious error in reporting. Please supply a corrected credit profile to all creditors who have received a copy within the last 6 months, or the last 2 years for employment purposes.

Sincerely,

your signature

Your Name
    SSN# 123-45-6789

13. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Breeze...

Is there a current track record of success with these letters?

Just curious...

14. Sammy

Sammy Guest

Re: Judy

Yeah! That's for sure! We gotta get rid of that crazy old coot somehow. Maybe he'll just dry up and blow away.

That old man is always promoting some kind of looney deal, like now he is promoting the silly idea that Oklahoma ought to pass some kind of a right to work law.

People always had a right to work and we don't need any of his silly laws in Oklahoma. We already got too many of them.

15. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Hey Sammy, Lizzie and Bill

Do you have an identity problem? Why are you using different names all from the same isp? And your last post about getting rid of the old coot - why are talking about yourself that way? With multiple identities, your beginning to take on a Bobby persona.

16. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

Re: Hey Sammy, Lizzie and Bill

I just noticed this "Sammy" business.
    If the good Lord don't know him any better than I do, he's lost for sure.

Looks more like one of your friends than mine.
    Can't help that he uses SW Bell DSL service. Oklahoma City is a fairly big city and has lots of suburbs and other small towns around it and the coverage area for SWBELL DSL service is bigger than I would care to walk around.

You figger it out, I don't know who he is and at this point in the game I really could care less.

Bill Bauer

17. Jill

Jill Guest

If you're using DSL, you have a static IP address, which means it is always the same. It is the address to the particular computer you are using, not an area that you are in. Nice try.

18. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

You think I'm so stupid I don't know that?

19. Jill

Jill Guest

Neither are we...

20. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

Dear Madam

Dear Madam

I do not sit around in my jammies pecking away at a little two-bit 'puter in my bedroom.

We use mainframes and multiple workstations hooked up to networks and hubs and routers. If you don't already know what our current DNS number is, you can not even find out that we have any computer on the internet at all because our routers are specifically designed to be sure that hackers cannot even find our system, let alone get into it.

Our links and feeds come from all over the world, so "Sammy" could be just about anywhere and his messages would look like they came from this DNS, which of course, they obviously did.

But Who is "Sammy", where is "Sammy" are questions I have much better and more important things to worry about. Even if I chose to worry about it, "Sammy" has a right to have his own opinions, whatever they may be and he has the perfect right to voice them if he chooses to do so. It is called Freedom of Speech and is protected by the first amendment to the constitution of the United States.

Have a nice evening and a better one tomorrow and enjoy them both in the best of health.

Bill Bauer