Lexington/Junum or me?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by N'awlins, Mar 4, 2001.

1. N'awlins

N'awlins Guest

I have 18 charge-offs in my reports from 1995/96. Should I retain Lexington or Junum? Should I dispute myself? I am a grad student and I really don't have time to write letters to the bureaus and keep track of everything. I am interested to hear about your experiences with Lexington. Thanks for your help.

2. Eboni

Eboni Guest

I have heard only bad things about Lexington.

I would try Junum, only if you have the money to burn

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Junum got 10 neg items off my reports altogether. Would have been 11 but I said the wrong thing to Experian. I am disputing a second time thru Junum right now.

I am waiting to hear some good reports on Lexington before I use them. So far the reports are mixed. Be aware that Junum is much cheaper than Lexington. If you join either, keep us posted.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

if you have the cash to blow, by all means.

Clearly you will still need to get your own reports even if you use junum or lexington.

The amount of time it takes to make 2 (tu/experian) letters and mail them certified, is about 30 minutes if you try hard. Equifax can be done online.

I would say unless you are lazy, to do the first round yourself. Delete all previous addresses and go after the baddies with "not mine".

Its the same thing the credit repair places will do, and i'm sure you can find an hour of your time to do that :)

Then if you are not satisfied with your own good work, hire someone. By all means try yourself, its really easy.

5. geekpipe

geekpipe Well-Known Member

Does anyone have sample letter or a template for sending to the credit agencies. I want some items deleted and needed to know on what basis items are disputed. If anyone can email me a sample template, or offer advice...i wouod greatly appreciate it. Please send to superpipeshow@aol.com.

Thanks
    Kevin

6. N'awlins

N'awlins Guest

You can find all types of dispute letters at this website. Good luck!
    http://www.primenet.com/~kielsky/credit/

7. jason

jason Well-Known Member

That's a bummer that Eboni has only heard bad things about Lexington. I work with Lexington and I watch this board religiously, and, the only "bad" things I can recall are being said by Lexington's competitors.

Coach Lexington, if you'd like to see them doing something different. They'll respond instantly.

Junum, at the same time, seems to be doing a fair job. Kristi, on this board works with them and I happen to know that she's great.

So, I would suggest this: if you want it cheap, do Junum. If you want a little more horsepower for a tiny bit more money (don't forget that Junum charges $10 per deletion on top of its monthly,) then hire Lexington.

Here's my offer to Eboni and N-awlins: hire Lexington and, if you don't love it, I'll make sure you get a full refund (at any time, at your discretion.) After you hire them, please do me the favor of emailing me with every impression you receive. My personal email is rudiger@inconnect.com

I realize that my offer to you is something that some might abuse. However, I get the feeling that neither of you will.

Jason

8. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Jason, I am impressed with your offer to Eboni and N.

9. stephen

stephen Guest

from personal lexington is the best.

stephen

10. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

How does Lexington charge in comparison to Junum? Anyone know? If cost is not your main concern but results are, are there certain items that Lexington can remove but Junum may not?

I mean I from what I gather here, Junum may be sluggish, does not use certified mail to prove receipt dates, charges less, but may cost the same or more in the end and even far more if you want results/$.

Anyone have experience with both? -Dave

11. N'awlins

N'awlins Guest

Lexington charges 75 dollars to set up your account and then 35 dollars a month (flat fee, no matter how many items are deleted). They also have a money back guarantee if you stay with them for at least one year. See their web site for details.

I think I will try to dispute on my own. If I don't get any results I will then retain Lexington. I will let you guys know what happens.

12. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info N'awlins. I might do the same. If I do I will also let y'all know how things go.
    -Dave

13. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

I was very impressed by all the information I have seen on the Lexington website. Although it initially seems more expensive, I think depending on the difficulty of your items it may work better as they are a law firm (Am I correct in this Jason?).

Junum also seems to offer a lot and I have seen many success stories on them. My only concern was to see that they are offering a subprime secured card that I have seen unfavorable reports on. It is nice to offer a card like this to credit damaged consumers, however, the availability of better offers for a secured card gives me the impression that Junum is getting a nice commission on this card.

Jason - My only concern was that Lexington shows sample reports on their website, with successful deletions. These reports are all dated by several years (the last time I viewed the site). I was initially going to sign up with Lexington, emailed a question regarding this, and was told that they would be updated soon. After waiting 3 months, I reviewed them again and no change. It gave me pause over being told something would be done, and no action being taken.

14. jason

jason Well-Known Member

Hal,

In answer to your question: Lex updated the client letters by adding a bunch of new client letters, but they haven't done anything with the sample reports. They probably forwarded the suggestion to me and I read it as changing the client letters. My fault, most likely.

Perhaps it was a Freudian slip: updating the before and after reports is a major pain in the caboose (we have to go through so much editing to knock out all identifying info about the client, etc..) Still, we're in a site redesign and that gets to be done this time around.

With regards to Junum vs. Lexington. I would say that your assesment is right on. Lexington pumps a lot of attorney/paralegal time into scientifically testing what works and what doesn't in the credit repair process. I'd be surprised if Junum, or anyone else, takes the time to do that. Therefore, I'd say there's lots of bang for your buck with Lexington (and you haven't seen nothing yet. Stay tuned.)

15. N'awlins

N'awlins Guest

Jason,

I will dispute myself first, but if I ever retain Lexington, I will take you up on your offer. Thanks

16. Kristi

Kristi Guest

And don't forget, Carreon & Associates gives you free self help tools for the do it yourselfer. Had to throw that plug in, it's been a while :)