Lexington Law Firm - Prices

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by marci, Jan 5, 2001.

1. marci

marci Well-Known Member

I am thinkingof working with Lexington soon, and have been offered the "e-client" service of $75 down and $35 a month. I read on another board that Lexington offers a higher end package for much more money with a "dedicated para-legal" and free phone access to check on status or make requests.

http://www.creditnet.com/debt-management/credit-repair/lexington-law.php

Has anyone ever used Lexington for anything other than the standard "e-client" package, and if so, what did you think of the service?

Thanks,

Marci

2. jason

jason Well-Known Member

RE: Lexington Law Firm - Price

Marci,

eClient has free phone access too (unlimited - at the same price.) They added that as a result of client feedback on this board.

The "complete" service is a pull-the-stops-out, do-everything-possible service for those who are urgently working on their credit repair. It's especially useful for those who are working toward a home mortgage or other time-sensitive financing.

Primarily, the "complete" service provides:

creditor direct negotiations - credit disputes that attack both the creditor AND the credit bureaus.

FICO score grooming - credit work directed toward the improvement of the FICO score. Often, negative credit is only part of the problem with the FICO score. The paralegal can do a lot to improve your score before the negatives are even deleted.

Credit report ordering - your paralegal watches your case and orders your reports when needed (I think you still pay for them, though.)

Dedicated paralegal - as you mentioned, the paralegals and attorneys handle far fewer "complete" cases per person and the service in much more intensive.

It's a bit more expensive, but, depending on the urgency of your credit situation, the retainer fees may not be your biggest concern.

One other note, the "complete" service is still pretty new. So, while its definitely worth the money, it's still only half as good as it will be in the future (when they've had time to innovate even better techniques.)

3. jason

jason Well-Known Member

Oh, by the way, I used the "complete" service to get into my home and some friends used the "complete" service to buy my parents home in California.

In my case, I had three late payments and three cards that showed the wrong balances. They had all three negatives deleted and letters from the cards telling the new balances. It really simplified my home purchase.

In my friends case, they had many negatives including six late payments with May Co. in California (who were absolutely committed to keeping the bad listings on the credit report.) They got all the listings off by negotiating with the creditor. With the May Co., the paralegal had to get ahold of the Company President and threaten to send letters to every consumer, ethnic and news agency in exisitence. The President relented and they got their deletion letter. I think that it took about 90 days to get them finished.

Right now, I have the complete paralegals working to close all my open accounts that should be closed. It should push my FICO score up 30 points or so.

4. steve1040

steve1040 Guest

Marci,
    Please do more research. Search this forum on Lexington.

I cancelled my service 3 months after starting it. If you search further back you'll notice Jason post to every Lexington complaint saying "What can we do?"
    or something along those lines. After you read other peoples experiences then decide what you want.

Steve

5. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Jason,

Thanks for your detailed reply. Is the "complete service" you refer to the $200.00 down and $75.00 a month service advertised on the Lexington website?

Thanks,

Marci

6. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Steve,

Thank you for the heads up. I will do that.

Marci

7. jason

jason Well-Known Member

No, that's the old Lexington service that has been replaced by the better-priced eClient. Lexington Complete is $300 the first month and $125 per month thereafter.

Also, I agree with Steve. Read the old posts about Lex and that should give you a pretty fair picture of who you're dealing with.

8. jason

jason Well-Known Member

That's good advice.

To be clear, I feel that Lex has been very responsive to any negative posts. I have watched as they have completely redrawn their client relations staff to exactly meet the suggestions on this board.

If there's anything more that they can do, say the word and I'll make sure they hear it.

9. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Thank you, Jason!