Lexington Law Firm Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kirk, May 24, 2000.

1. kirk

kirk Guest

Hi there. First I'd just like to thank everybody on this board for the great advice. I am considering retaining Lexington Law Firm to help with repairing my credit. I would really like to hear from people who have actually used their services and find out how thing went or are going. I found some posts about them but they were all older and I'm just wondering now that a few months have passed how things are working out. Also, does it have any impact on your credit report if you use them (any sort of notations)? TIA for any/all advice.

Kirk

2. malcolm

malcolm Guest

RE: Lexington Law Firm Questio

my brother is actually using them, by my recommendation. besides the relatively long email reply time (sometimes as long as a week and a half!), he's had several negatives removed. if you don't care about talking to people, and immediate feedback, i believe they're pretty good. gerald's been on it for five months now.

malcolm

3. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

RE: Lexington Law Firm Questio

You would likely get your credit file tagged as "Attempting Repair" and the CRAs will be much more recalcitrant about doing anything and will make every effort to verify every little smudge and blemish on your report, or just say that they did and leave it there. One of their favorites is to indicate reverification and give you the info only to discover that they 800 number they listed in the investigation has been disconnect for 2 years.

Yes, this happened to me. I disputed a Fidelity Investments MasterCard that was listed on my TransUnion report, although I'd known it had been sold to MBNA. It was still listed as open though and I wanted it indicated as closed. TU came back with a verification and listed an 800 number through which they allegedly verified the information. What they failed to notice is that one of the employers listed on my credit file is Fidelity Investments, so I called a friend I know who still works there who told me that the number they gave hadn't been used in over two years.

I think you would do much better pretending you were a stupid bumpkin and write you own dispute letters to the CRAs. Be persistant. You are entitled to know how they verified the item, whom they spoke to, and the contact info.

4. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

RE: A tale of a crooked CRA

J. Edgar,

That truly is a most enlightening story. Further confirmation for any who doubt the veracity of the CRA's.

I take it this event occured some time ago? I don't doubt if it were to have taken place at this juncture you would, like myself, see a golden opportunity to stick it BIGTIME to TransUnion.

I would truly relish having the opportunity to send a registered letter most likely on some law firm's letterhead (even if I had to produce it myself) to their legal department conveying the message that their duplicity has been uncovered and that I have them "between a rock and a hard place" and will cause them no end of problems unless I am "taken care of".

It sure would be fun seeing TU 'squealing like a pig'.

5. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

RE: A tale of a crooked CRA

I eventually took care of this by writing a letter back to them and pointing out that I'd actually worked at Fidelity Investments and had inside knowledge that the number they provided in the verification contact information had not been in operation for two year, and all of the other circumstances regarding this account, along with a copy of the letter indicating that the account had been sold to MBNA. They responded by merely deleting the entire account from my credit file. I suppose they just wanted to wash their hands of the whole thing, having been caught in a lie.