Lexington Law Firm - Very Long

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Kelly, Jan 16, 2001.

1. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I was waiting to post my saga here until I had a final outcome (i.e. money back) but Jim outted me :)

Here's where the smiley face ends!

About a year and a half ago I started this credit repair journey. I knew nothing. I had stumbled on to this board among others and had been reading for awhile and decided to give it a try.

I was afraid of screwing up, so I decided to hire someone for hubby, and do my own repair myself.

Enter Lexington Law Firm

Disputes went pretty well. The communication sucked! Rarely answered emails. Really bad. But hubby was getting results so I didn't care. I posted many times about this lack of communication - but results! here on this board. Basically, I reccommended them to others and explained that their communication lacked but they were getting results. His Trans Union and Experian reports were really cleaning up. However, Equifax stayed the same.

I received success with my own disputes on my reports. However, I was lax with keeping it up. So, I decided to hire them as well. Well, it was horrible. They weren't doing anything (over two months) and I couldn't communicate with them. What ended up happening was they were charging us both for the service but they did not do anything for me. Everytime I emailed them trying to explain this. They would send me updates and such on my hubby's progress. Finally at witts end, I posted here. I found out that we could now call in for free and I did. I was credited two months of service and everything was fine.

As you all know, My hubby and I want to get a house. Lexington's website mentions all these great services, quick results, with a full and complete client retainer. So we decided that we would upgrade. Disaster. We were calling all the time and could not speak to whom we had to speak to. They kept telling us he would call us back. He never did. When we did finally get to speak with him. He didn't know jack about the services that are advertised on their website. Said we had to talk to someone else. That person never called us back. Promises, Promises, Promises, Time wasted, nothing done. We called over and over again. Finally we cancelled the service and demanded our money back. Well, they cancelled the account but we had to talk to that person whom never calls about a refund. GRRRRRR We called several more times. Finally talked to him. He said he'd refund the money minus data entry. We told him NOTHING had been done and we wanted a full refund (the second retainer) He pulled up the file - said - you are right, nothing's been done he'll credit our account. We asked when. He said at the end of the month.

As you can tell by the many second chances I gave this company, I am a very patient and understanding person (probably why I'm a social worker) But, I think we should be credited NOW!

That's where it stands today.

Kelly

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

RE: Lexington Law Firm - Very

Kelly,

I'm sorry your Lexington experience was such a disaster. You and I have exchanged posts on this company before, I believe.

I never went for Lexington's full service but instead, opted for their Eclient program. In six months, nothing was accomplished. I never heard a word from the three credit bureaus and, obviously, there were no changes or deletions. The credit reports I faxed to Lexington were lost and getting a reply to an Email took *forever*! And, if I was fortunate enough to get a reply, I was advised to be patient and wait. I never felt that anyone ever did anything on behalf of me or my credit.

In the end, one of their reps apologized and I was credited with several months of free service.

To me, it seems that Lexington is into quantity, not quality. My guess is that they have hundreds of clients and simply can't keep up with the valuminous amount of paperwork. In the end, the clients are the ones who lose.

Good luck and I sure hope you and your husband get your money back.

Donna

3. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Thank you Donna,

I feel like such a fool. $300 retainer and $125/month is not a small amount of money to me. Albeit, since we had already paid the $75 for the eclient service the complete retainer was reduced. Nevertheless, I invested too much time and money with this company to be treated this way.

Thankfully, I have this board and I can do this myself!

Good luck to you as well!
    Kelly

4. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Kelly,

Believe me, I can understand your anger and disappointment.

In my case, I waited, hoped and prayed for six months that something positive would happen towards improving my credit and nothing did. During that time, the three bureaus didn't correspond with me at all and Lexington kept saying they didn't no why. The case analysts just kept telling me to be patient and wait a little longer.

And, yes, that was a lot of money you and your husband invested. I sure hope you get all of it back.

At the time I was dealing with Lexington, my husband and I were pinching pennies too and the initial fee, plus the monthly payments, was a strain.

In the end, if we had gotten something out of the deal, the investment would have been worthwhile. Instead, though, we ended up feeling angry, disappointed and ripped off.

Please keep us posted and let us no if you get reimbursed.

Donna

5. arteagle

arteagle Guest

very long

I was just about to join lexington. They keep sending me emails to join with a lot of positive "comment letters" from "satisfied customers". Anyway, what experince do you have with junum?

6. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

RE: very long

lexington has done wonders for me i admite thay are slow at first but it does take 60 days for first round of disputes.but then again i have ask them many times to send my disputes certified return reciept but thay never do except once and then the turn around was very quick. thay were to debit my account for the cost. i do get upset alot but thay have removed 2 bk from my reports 7 and 13 + many other deletions. so for now i plan to stay with them.

7. Sailor

Sailor Guest

Thanks for sharing

8. jason

jason Well-Known Member

Kelly,

I'll make sure that you get a full refund from Lexington tomorrow, first thing (if it hasn't happened already.) My personal email is rudiger@inconnect.com. Please email me your full name so that I can make sure it goes to the right Kelly.

Very sorry. The upgraded program, Lexington Complete is still working out some bugs - but that's no excuse.

I'll push the refund through personally.

9. Flagirl

Flagirl Well-Known Member

I really hate to hear that people have had bad luck with Lexington. I've been with them since July and they have done wonders for my reports. I do think they could do a little more and assign specific case analysts to each client, so that you know who to call and that you can deal with the same person every time you have a question or problem. I still recommend Lexington to anyone who asks, but I guess every case will be different.

10. jason

jason Well-Known Member

Expect to see the "one case manager per client" idea happen in the next thirty days.

That's been the consensus from the Lex clients and Lex is opening a new position called the "Client Advocate" that will permanently assign each client to a single Advocate. The Client Advocates are in training as we speak.

11. Pat

Pat Guest

Flagirl- e mail me

12. Barry

Barry Guest

How long should one wait before stating their experience with Lexington? I'm into them now 7 months and waiting!