Lexington Law Frim

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by texastrini, Apr 1, 2001.

1. texastrini

texastrini Well-Known Member

Jason,
    I see that you are an employee of lexington. can you tell me if you are a BBB memeber?

also, some of your case analyst are very "rough" and don't return calls.

is this type of service "upgraded" as a paid customer?

i also saw that you extended a warranty/refund to this with a terrible experience? can i take you up on that offer.

Also I have read you webite--I am aware of the updating that needs to be done but there seems to be little differnce between complete & full retainer --besides cost that is?

looking fowards to your post and anyone else who would like to tackle my questions.

2. jason

jason Well-Known Member

There has been a rash of "crank" posts from anonymous posters claiming problems (like the ones you've mentioned) with every credit repair service mentioned on this and every other credit BBS, thereby defaming otherwise legitimate and conscientious services (such as Lexington.)

Just to be clear, I'd like to know your name so that I can be assured that you're truly a client (because your experience doesn't seem to be that of our typical client.)

My personal email is rudiger@inconnect.com

3. jason

jason Well-Known Member

The easy question:

Lexington is not a BBB member. I've never heard of a law firm that is (and neither are any of the other law firms I work with.)

4. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Jason, I have to tell you that something happened with Lexington last week that didn't exactly raise my confidence level. After Lexington received my merged report in the mail, I was sent a message from "Document Control" that said the report was being entered into your system and I would be notified when disputes had been mailed. About four or five days later, I got the notifications.

Then about a day or two after that, I got ANOTHER email from "Document Control" advising me that they had recieved my merged report and it was going to be entered into your system and I would be notified when disputes had been mailed.

I'm sure it was just a mix-up in recordkeeping, but not exactly a move designed to raise confidence in your procedures. I'm nervous enough about this process as it is.

5. jason

jason Well-Known Member

The good news, Dave, is that you're getting constant communication. That was a suggestion that came from this board.

I'll find out on Monday what the two emails meant. Here's what I know about Lex eClient: They are completely caught up with all email correspondence, credit report data entry and dispute letters and they are fully staffed to handle the current flow of work. (They're actually over-staffed to cover possible work surges.)

Anyway, I'll find out. Email me your full name: rudiger@inconnect.com. Sometimes, the particular way an email server routes an email leaves some doubt as to whether your email went through to you. Perhaps they sent it again to be sure. I don't have a way of getting to the bottom of it on a Sunday afternoon, but I am sure that there's no problem.

6. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I've emailed you at the address you posted. Thanks for the help.

7. texastrini

No Jason I am not a client. I have been looking into signing up with Lexington for the past two weeks. I decided to so some investigation on them when my messages and emails went unanswered.

When i did get someone's attention at your firm I was assinged to someone to call me back. She has been helpful but crossed me the wrong way when we were at a communication stand still.

I decided to handle somethings on my own since your sister firm was not returning emails and calls either.

By tuesday I need to decided which firm to go with and naturally I am leary.

Regarding your offer--were you sincere?

8. jason

jason Well-Known Member

You have me at a disadvantage. I check regularly, and EVERY email sent in to Lexington is answered within 24 hours or less. Client emails are typically responded to in 2 hours, if they come during extended business hours.

Why don't you email me at rudiger@inconnect.com so that I can get some concrete details, such as who you spoke with, what misunderstanding you might have had with her and what your name is.

I'm not sure which offer you were referring to, but I'm certain that I was sincere.

9. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Jayson

Can you email today or tomorrow please? I have a ouple of questions I need to ask you.

10. texastrini

You made an offer on this board to back a refund if the client does not see results or have a bad experience. it was in response to Nawlins issue but you opened it up to Dave and others?

you forgot that quickly?

11. jason

jason Well-Known Member

I haven't forgotten. I would hope that my visiting and responding promptly to this board would establish my dedication to the client beyond question.

You seem to have a very high expectation level when it comes to who you employ to repair your credit. That's OK, and I know that Lexington can satisfy even the most demanding client.

However, are you sure that it wouldn't be in your best interest to hire a local attorney to do your work (where your trust wouldn't be so stretched?)

Ultimately, that would probably be my recommendation, in your case.

Lexington provides an attorney service at far below attorney prices. But, that doesn't mean that some people won't prefer to hire a local attorney outright (and pay the $75 to $200 an hour.)

12. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Good question, lizardking. I was curious and asked them if they could copy me on the letters they were sending on my behalf. They declined.

13. jason

jason Well-Known Member

I don't know the inner workings of Junum, but I'd guess that their processes are similar.

Lexington writes the letter as though it was the client writing the letter (in basic disputing.)

Knowing how much R&D Lexington puts into its letter-writing process, I would be surprised if Junum or anyone else puts that much deliberate effort into the quality and content of their dispute letters. Also, Lexington has been doing this for over 7 years (far longer than Junum has been around.)

All that said, Junum seems to be doing well for its clients. The pricing adds up to about the same as Lex.

Lexington Complete, on the other hand. That's an unmatched service. It completely redefines credit repair. No one has ever done it to my knowledge (and it rocks!) Since we just started full-scale work on Complete about a month ago, we're just now seeing our success ratios and we're very pleased. Stay tuned on this one.

14. jason

jason Well-Known Member

15. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Okay, sent again just now.