Lexington Round 1 Equifax Results

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, May 11, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Okay -- I got my TU results yesterday and my Equifax results today. It looks like they only disputed two accounts on the first round. Weird. Out of the two, one was deleted and one verified.

I don't expect to get Experian results for a few weeks because that was the letter that was returned to be because Experian's PO Box was closed.

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Why are they only disputing 2 items at a time? I don't know how many items you have to dispute, but it's starting to appear to me that Lex. and Junum only dispute a minimal amount of items to keep the monthly fee coming in longer? Junum disputed 8 on my transunion on the 1st round, then they disputed 4 on the next round when I had 6 total that needed to be disputed. Why only dispute 4? Anyway, congrats on the deletion. Didn't mean to rain on your parade, I'm just a littel ticked off at Junum right nowl.

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I don't know why they only disputed two things on Equifax. They disputed five on Trans Union and if they disputed the same things on Experian that were in the letter that came to me, there will be three disputes there.

4. jason

jason Well-Known Member

I can see why you might think that Lexington would string out the retainer, but, as I am on the inside of that particular company, I can tell you for certain what their motive is.

It's a balance between challenging a few items (and greatly increasing the odds of deleting some of them) or challenging many items (and greatly DEcreasing the odds of getting the reinvestigation.) The more you challenge, the less likely it is that the bureaus will reinvestigate.

So, the number of negatives challenged is typically a percentage of the total negatives (Lexington has a fixed schedule of how many items to challenge vs. total negatives.)

Keep in mind: none of these credit repair companies, including Lexington, would charge monthly payments if it weren't for the laws that mandate it. In other words, it's not our idea to charge this way.

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I was just going to say that my gut instinct was that the differing dispute numbers were a conscious decision and not based on extending the retainer/monthly payments. Jason confirmed what I was thinking.

Wow, I'm not usually right..teehee

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NanaC

F.Y.I. DR. DAVE (CHANNEL 4 DENVER) said FORSBERG should be able to play next season...

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Re: George!

Hey, George!!! Isn't that great news??? It's so sad that this happened now but I really think the Avs will rally!! It gives them even more purpose!

Are you following the games, George? I tried to get tickets yesterday. They were sold out in 2 minutes or something like that!

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: George!

MY SUPERVISOR loves them...she called to tell us all about it and I was sure they would have to kick her out of his hospital room.

I'm not into hockey...but I hear all about it at work...

DODGER'S
    ANGEL'S
    ROCKIES