Lexington Round 2 Update

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Concerned, May 8, 2001.

1. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

I just received a letter from Equifax. None of my 4 disputed accounts were deleted. The successfully only deleted one in the first round. Ugh.

Background on MY Lexington experience. I signed up in the last week of October 2000. I have the highest level of service. $300 upfront and $125 a month. I had 32 items needing correction some just annoying like bad employers, addresses, name variations, notices that account was closed by creditor not me, paid loans still notated as deferred, etc. So, I really had 9 seriously hurting me. 1 on Exp, 4 on TU, 4 on Eq that are clearly hurting my score that are the most important to get rid of.

Lexington is slow. It is mid-May and I am just now getting the results of the second round now. I mean 6.5 months and only one round completed? That is slow.

The first round they got 1 item deleted on Exp, 1 on TU and 2 from Eq. They had other stuff deleted that really just needed to be updated such as student loans notated as deferred that were paid off.

Lex is no longer bothering with Experian b/c the obvious negatives are all gone even after my requests that they dispute inquiries, bad addresses and employers. For the $1000+ I have spent they could have at least attacked these issues.

I am waiting to hear back from Trans Union on this round. But since Lexington is totally ignoring my requests (email goes unanswered and I can not call from my office b/c I have no privacy during regular business hours) and Eq is clearly no longer bothering with me, if TU comes back with nothing, I will be quiting Lexington and going solo per advice here or trying Junum again.

Want you all to know my experience because few seem to post about Lex, although a lot about Junum. Any other Lex clients out there have anything to add? (I used to post on Bayhouse under Househunting but since that is no longer available, I figured I'd post here).

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks for the intelligent post about your Lex experience. I expected to be a Lex client by now but held off because Kelly has been having the same experience as you. I am at the end of my 3rd round of Junum disputing and plan to contact Junum to discuss whether a 4th round is advisable for my few remaining items. By "advisable", I mean that I do not want my disputes to become frivolous.

Please continue to update us on your Lex experience.

BTW, I remember your posts from Bayhouse.

3. chriscraft

chriscraft Well-Known Member

I had used Lexington's services until January of this year, when I changed to another "law firm" that does credit repair. My experience with Lexington, which spanned a period of two to three years, was not terribly positive. Progress was very slow, at some times seemingly non-existent, and their customer service went from almost acceptable to not good. So, after becoming frustrated with their lack of progress, I changed to another firm. After the change, on round 1 of the disputes made by the new firm, I had 18 negatives deleted from my TransUnion report, and between 3 and 5 on the other two reports. And I still am seeing progress on each dispute cycle. I feel confident that my credit will be totally clean in the next 3-6 months.

So, my point is that if you are not seeing progress with Lexington (or any other repair firm for that matter), don't wait around too long like I did. I regret that I didn't change sooner. I feel as if I wasted a year's worth of time and that I would have prime credit right now had I changed firms earlier.

I am sure that Lexington has done a fine job for some people, however, it didn't with me. So take this for what it is worth. Anyways, best of luck to you in your efforts.

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Chriscraft - Who did you hire do obtain such good results??

Please don't leave us in the dark here.

5. chriscraft

Jim, I wasn't trying to leave you in the dark. I hired a place called the "Law Offices of Jack L. Schrold" out of Ft. Lauderdale, FL. I know there are mixed reviews over his approach - like I guess you would expect for any credit repair service - but my personal experience with his firm has been excellent so far. And the cost, which is high when compared to Junum's, is $49 per month, and it is worth it in my opinion. I am very pleased with them so far. I don't have their phone number at hand, but if you want me to post it later tonight when I have it, I'll be more than happy to do so. Just let me know.

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks Chriscraft,

I had forgotten about him because of the lawsuit he got involved in. It would be appreciated if you could post the telephone number when it is convenient.

7. chriscraft

Jim, will do. I read about the lawsuit some time after I had hired them. But frankly, as long as they aren't doing something illegal in handling my case and are giving me good service, it doesn't matter to me. I will post their phone number as soon as I can.

8. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Chriscraft,

Thanks, also, I don't remember what the lawsuit (I may be using the wrong term here) was about. It may be an investigation from what Roni said on another thread. I am so suspicious of the CRA's that I just don't assume anything when it comes to credit restoration.

I am happy for your success.

9. chriscraft

Jim, while this is no way a fact, I remember reading somewhere on the Internet that the feds (perhaps the F.C.C.) had in the past investigated Schrold for the manner in which he was dealing with his credit repair clients (at least that's what I think it was). I don't know the details about the case other than the fact that it was settled, but I am sure you can find something if you do an Internet search using Schrold's name. If there is some new investigation of Schrold, I have no idea what that is. I have asked Roni, who stated in a different thread that Schrold is under investigation by the feds, to give us more details as to that matter. Hopefully she can shed some light on this for us.

10. wvigil

wvigil New Member

Hello,

My name is Will Vigil, I work directly with the "Complete Program" at Lexington. I would like to take an in depth look at your casework thus far. If you could please e-mail me your full name to will@creditrights.com, I will be sure to give you a call to handle any concerns or questions you may have.

Thank You,

Will Vigil

11. Concerned

Got results from Trans Union today. Out of 4, nothing. Ugh.

I'll give this guy my info, and see what he can do.

12. wvigil

wvigil New Member

Concerned,

I still haven't received your full name and contact information. I would really like to go over your case with you so we can get some results for you. Please e-mail your info. to (will@creditrights.com).

Thank You,

Will Vigil

13. Concerned

Will

Will-

Sent something out to you just now. Thanks.