Lexington Round 3 Equifax Results

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, Sep 8, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

This will be a short message. :)

Four disputes, no deletions. Out of nine separate disputes with the three agencies this is the first one that came back without a deletion. There are still a couple of things on this report they have yet to dispute.

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

oh yuk!! sorry Dave. Having fun otherwise?

3. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Hey, nobody said it was easy :)

Believe me, if it was easy to clean it up every one of us would have AAA credit. Patience and responsible credit use are the keys to re-establishing your credit. Hang in there and best of luck!

Alex

--------------
    Free Credit Repair Help:
    http://www.Creditinsiders.com

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Dang! Better luck next time...

5. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Let's put it this way. It's after 1am and I just got home. :)

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

;)

7. bbauer

bbauer Banned

DaveLV:

Looks like they are doing about average. Most of the credit repair companies get rid of somewhere around 40% to 50% of the total number of adverse entries off of their customers credit bureau files. And people doing it themselves get about the same results repairing their own credit for free. Well nearly. After all, one does have to pay for the postage and the envelopes, paper and what have you.

So they are doing you about as good as can be expected.

8. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I'm not dissatisfied overall with the results they are getting. I'll admit though that if I had it to do over again, I'd choose to do it myself. So far I haven't seen them do anything I couldn't do and in fact I've had some things removed by working at it a little harder than they do.

I thought at the beginning when I signed up with Lexington that since they push themselves as a "law firm" they would be taking a more legalistic approach with the bureaus. Getting that returned letter a few months ago showed me that isn't happening. I guess I still have a delusion that somewhere down the line after they aren't getting any more deletions they might change tactics. I'm beginning to not believe that now, especially since they want to sell that "plus" service that's so much more expensive. Even then there's no guarantee they just wouldn't play the same game and convince my creditors that I'm not just a deadbeat, but a moron as well.

Actually, once they've disputed every negative and gotten whatever results they've managed to get with the double-digit IQ letters, I'd like to see them go after one of the original creditors to see what sort of result they'd get. If they'd get one of the more stubborn ones to delete, I'd consider paying them for their "plus" service for awhile. I was hoping someone else here would go for it and report on the results, but no one has so far.

If anyone from Lexington still reads the board, I have an offer for them. Take on one of the creditors who verified on all three of my reports and get them to delete. If you can demonstrate to me that this works, I'll sign up and pay the extra money for your "plus" service -- including paying for the demonstration. I'd post the results here every step of the way and you might get some more people to sign up.

9. bbauer

bbauer Banned

DaveLV:

Dave, what you are suggesting sounds like a great thought, but it isn't a fair demand to make of them. Here is why.

They are a law firm and as such have "license" to protect. Notice that I said "license" not license. There is a huge difference, of course. Lawyers are never licensed to practice law. They have "license" to practice before the bar because they are members of one or more bar associations. Bar associations are not government entities and therefore cannot issue licenses as the government can do. Be that as it may, as members of the bar, they must adhere to certain "ethical" standards. That simply means that they cannot do some things you and I can do as private citizens. In otherwords, they can't use the same tricks that I can and do use.

The next thing to consider is that original creditors are protected from FDCPA while 3rd party collectors such as collection agencies and lawyers are regulated by FDCPA.

So you have to go after original creditors from an entirely different perspective as I do.

So if you wish to challenge Lexington Law Firm and their capabilities, you should devise a test that they can ethically accept. Otherwise, you just aren't being fair and you shouldn't expect them to accept your challenge because they couldn't logically do so. I seriously doubt that any law firm would accept a challenge that would not be within the "ethical standards" they must maintain. So let's be fair to them at least.

10. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Bill, I see your point and I really don't expect Lexington to take me up on the "challenge" -- I was just kind of thinking out loud.

I disagree with you though on the basis that nothing Lexington has done so far (in my opinion) has had anything to do with their being a "law firm". That the people in charge happen to be lawyers doesn't seem to have any relation to how they operate their business. If these same two lawyers ran a restaurant instead of a credit repair business no one would think it would be unethical for them to enter some type of cooking competition. From what I've seen so far, the "law firm" bit is (to quote someone more elegant than myself) "..sound and fury, signifying nothing." This is a really unfair comparison, but the image that comes to my mind is that of the old cigarette commercials in the 50's where they have a doctor come on TV to explain what wonderful benefits there are to smoking Camels. In some things, the background of the messenger is more important than the actual message.

I'm not saying that Lexington hasn't done for me what they've said they'd do. I'm not even going to discontinue their service. They were up front about it and said that the entire process should take about a year, and I'm willing to give it to them. What I am saying is this: When I was deciding which business I was going to hire to do the credit repair process for me, I gave the whole "law firm" thing a lot of weight. After six months I don't see where their credit repair business being fronted by these two lawyers has made any real difference as far as the results I've seen. I'd like them to prove me wrong and I'd be willing to pay for the lesson.

People just starting out in the credit repair process who are reading this should know that they can really do this themselves. In March when I found this board and wanted to jump right in and get started I didn't feel I could do it by myself so I hired Lexington. Anyone who feels overwhelmed by all of this information and the whole dispute process should not hesitate to hire one of the firms discussed here.