Lexington "round trip time" Round 1

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, May 16, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Just thought this might be interesting to some of you thinking of signing up with Lexington.

I joined on 3-14, Lexington got my tri-merge credit report on 3-22 (I ordered it and sent it to Lexington by standard U.S. mail), they sent Trans Union disputes on 3-27, last week I got my TU results and sent them to Lexington via U.S. mail. Today they emailed me they received the updated report.

Round 1 for TU (from Lexington's receipt of my report the first time and the update): 55 days.

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

DaveLV,
    Since I received nothing from Eq, and Experian envelopes do not have delivery time stamped on the envelope, I can only tell you TU round trip time, and seeing how that is what you listed:

TU Reports sent by Junum:3/21/01
    TU Reports received updated:5/01/01

42 days round trip time...not that 2 results are in any means a statistical sample for analysis...nor does this say anything at all about Lex or Junum but it is more of a round trip time for TU.

-Dave

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

My Transunion first round to 2 weeks for me to get the update. Round 2 took from April 6 to May 8. We won't even get into a discussion about the idiots at Equifax.

4. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Agreed. When I was reading the board a couple of months ago and trying to decide if I was going to sign up, this is the kind of data I was looking for and I couldn't find it. I just want to give people who might be in the same situation I was in some information that might help. I'm the kind of person who wants to see things happen right away, and that's not how this kind of stuff works.

The bottom line is that if you are patient, you will see results.

Oh -- and I made a mistake in my earlier posting about my TU results. It looks like out of five items disputed there were three deletions and TWO accounts that changed to positive status. The three deletions were the same collection agency, and the two accounts changed to positive were both Macys.

Since my credit report is merged with my mother's it looks like both her Macys account and mine are reported on my TU. Both were negative and both were changed as a result of the disputes to paid/never late. There is a THIRD Macys account still in the negative portion of my report (don't ask me how because I don't know) and the spelling is just a bit off. Instead of Macys/GECCC (like the other two) it is Macys/GECAP. Lexington must have disputed Macys/GECCC because both of those entries are now positive, and the GECAP one is untouched.

Note to any current or future parents wondering what to name their children. DO NOT name your child so their middle initial is the same as the first letter of your first name unless you intend to maintain perfect credit.