Lexington Update

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, Apr 12, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I got a confirmation letter from Trans Union today (George, did you get a job at Trans Union? The letter was in ALL CAPS!) Contained with the letter was the note everyone seems to be getting asking me if I hired a credit repair company.

Also - I knew that Equifax had merged my report with the report of a relative, but it looks like Trans Union has also done so. My letter is addressed to my first and last name, with the middle name being the first name of the relative. (If you can follow that)

It looks like Lexington disputed four things on this round with TU. On the infamous letter that was returned to me that was supposed to go to Experian, they challenged three items.

I'll let everyone know what happens next!

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I think that the reason why Trans Union can tell that you are using someone is for this reason:

When you get a copy of your TU report, it comes w/ a form if you want to dispute something. Maybe since Lex/Junum use their own letters and not the form, they assume that you might be hiring someone to repair your credit.

Also, someone mentioned that TU might be tipped of if your disputes are coming from one city but you live in another.

Just my thoughts...

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Maybe, but it is just as valid for a consumer to get their TU report from a third party reseller (like maybe a monitoring service) and not have the TU form to send back with a dispute.

Do some people get dispute confirmations without the insert about credit repair companies?

4. Leslie

Leslie Guest

Yeah, I got the letter once. But have gotten the confirmation letters many times without. Go figure.