Limit increase from First Nati

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Elizabeth, Feb 23, 2001.

1. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Has anyone been able to get there limit substantially increased from First National Bank of Marin. I have had my card for 2 years now (as of the end of this month). I have always paid at LEAST 70% of the balance each month and only have a $1000 credit line? What gives? I am wondering if I pay it off and threaten to cancel will they increase the limit. I am looking for a $600 to $1000 increase. I am currently at my limit now, so I don't think calling to cancel will help any.

2. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

RE: Limit increase from First

I can't get them to increase more than 100 every 6 months, what a joke. In march will be a year since I've had the card.

3. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

yes threaten to cancel

on some of our accounts we call the retention line directly since the first line csrs can't do much

when you threaten they'll send you to another dept... then see what you can get.

I always use the " I'm getting a lot of credit offers in the mail and I just can't seem to get better terms w/you guys... I really need a bigger line of credit" etc.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Limit increase from First

Threaten to cancel. They will offer you an increase then. They offered it to me but I still cancelled. Fees are too high.

roni