Limit on # of Equifax Investigation

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tlcampbe, Oct 26, 2001.

1. tlcampbe

tlcampbe Well-Known Member

Hi,

I just tried to check the status of my online Equifax investigation and I got a screen that stated that I couldn't do any other online investigations. What the heck!!

I only had 2 invesigations going on from Oct. 1st. Has anyone else encountered this problem before?

Thanks,
    Toni

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

There are a few posts on that subject on this board. You can find them by going to the search box below.

I've never had the problem myself because I make the creditor or the collection agency take them off for me rather than trying to fiddle with the credit bureaus. Works a lot better that way.

Them credit bureaus don't seem to take too kindly to folks or credit repair companies trying to "fix" their credit so they put limits on the number of disputes one can make and pull lots of other nasty stunts trying to keep people from fixing their credit. Maybe they need to wake up and realize that people are going to find a way to get done what they have to get done regardless of the preventative measures the credit bureaus take to keep it from happening.

It's a never ending battle with the little guy being the loser as usual.

3. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

You just need to give it a few more days, mine says that every once in a while and if I give it a day or so it will let me start with the next one. I think they might be trying to limit them to once a week.
    KHM

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

When you were "checking" you online status, did you enter the same report#? Yes, they will limit those, but if you have a different report# you can start a new investigation.

If you want a real status check, call them...

5. debtfree

debtfree Member

This board isnt a place to solicite your business.

6. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Actually, the links are to the FTC website and to the letters and questions on this site. You can hover your mouse over the links and see that plain as day.

Others have solicited here, and they still post. What's the difference?

7. chelechele

chelechele Well-Known Member

hE HE...others have solicited and gotten their asses kicked all over the place...huh Erica??? Remember creditmamma??? OOOHHH LORD that was fun!!! LOL

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I could not agree more!

9. chelechele

Bkev...what do you do??

10. SofaKing

SofaKing Well-Known Member

debtfree-

If you are referring to Bkev's links, perhaps you should look more carefully before you hit "Submit Reply".

They are all links to government sites. And there is one good link to free forms posted on this very site.

SK

SofaKing's DISCLAIMER:

This message does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either myself, my company, my friends, or my cat; Don't quote me on that; Don't quote me on anything; All rights reserved; Terms are subject to change without notice; Illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail; Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental; Do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law; Hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat; Do not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle; Your mileage may vary; No substitutions allowed; Offer good for a limited time only; This message is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted;
    Caveat emptor; Message is provided "as is" without any warranties; Reader assumes full responsibility; An equal opportunity message; No shoes, no shirt, no message; Quantities are limited while supplies
    last; If any defects are discovered, do not attempt to read them yourself, but return to an authorized service center; Read at your own risk; Parental advisory - explicit lyrics; Text may contain explicit
    materials some readers may find objectionable, parental guidance is advised; Keep away from sunlight; Keep away from pets and small children; Limit one-per-family please; No money down; No purchase necessary; You need not be present to win; Some assembly required; Batteries not included; Instructions are included; Action figures
    sold separately; No preservatives added; Slippery when wet; Safety goggles may be required during use; Sealed for your protection, Do not read if safety seal is broken; Call before you dig; Not liable for
    damages arising from use or misuse; For external use only; If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading; Read only with proper ventilation; Avoid extreme temperatures and store in a cool dry place; Keep away from open flames; Avoid contact with eyes and skin and avoid inhaling fumes; Do not puncture, incinerate, or
    store above 120 degrees Fahrenheit; Do not place near a flammable or magnetic source; Smoking this message could be hazardous to your health; Reading is addictive; No salt, MSG, artificial color or
    flavoring added; If ingested, do not induce vomiting, and if symptoms persist, consult a physician; May cause drowsiness, alcohol may
    intensify this effect; Read with food; Use caution when operating a car or dangerous machinery; Possible penalties for early withdrawal; Offer valid only at participating sites; Slightly higher west of the
    Rockies; Allow four to six weeks for delivery; Must be 18 to read; Objects in mirror are closer than they appear; Use of this message is governed by the terms and conditions of the Bank and Messageholder
    Agreement received by the Messageholder. Message remains the property of the Bank and must be returned on request. Disclaimer does not cover
    misuse, accident, lightning, flood, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, hurricanes and other Acts of God, neglect, damage from improper reading, incorrect line voltage, improper or
    unauthorized reading, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts,
    sonic boom vibrations, customer adjustments that are not covered in this list, and incidents owing to an airplane crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motor vehicle crashing, dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, mud slides, forest fire, or projectile (which can include, but not be limited to, arrows, bullets, shot, BB's, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, or emissions of X-rays, Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, stones, etc.); I am NOT a lawyer, but I *did* sleep in a Holiday Inn Express once; Other restrictions may apply; And, finally... contest ends 12-31-2001.

11. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

Bkev- Thanks for the links! Very helpful.

12. chelechele

Crimeny!!! Jeeze Sofa..... LOL

13. roni

roni Well-Known Member

For a day job? I'm an advertising consultant...

14. chelechele

Um.....more information...

15. tlcampbe

tlcampbe Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. I did call them and they had no clue what I was talking about.

As I said above I started an investigation on 10/1 and so far nothing. I did try with a newer report number and it let me see the screen with the current investigations. Why are they so slow!! Geez, at least TransUnion and Experian has been dibbling out updates here and there since the 1st.

I have heard squat from Equifax. This credit report cleaning is addictive. Everyday I cannot wait to log on to Creditexpert to see if my score has changed. I think I need professional help. :)

16. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

17. bbauer

bbauer Banned

SofaKing:

You need to copy and paste all that in your signature line and then change colors on each line and provide links to the FTC and other governmental websites so people got something to click on.

You could become LINKKING if you did that.

18. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Sofa: I don't have to tell you to ignore him right? :)

Imagine that.... negative comments about providing links to free information comes from Mr. Self-Promotion himself! Bill, exactly why do you fear the truth so much? Do you hear the cash register ringing less? Or are you afraid of getting reported to the OK Attorney General and the FTC for all your violations of the CREDIT REPAIR ORGANIZATIONS ACT?

The Truth is a Virus!

19. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

What Business?