Limits how high can you go?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sph88, Jun 15, 2001.

1. sph88

sph88 Well-Known Member

Hi all , here is my current situation after 18 months of hardcore repair. Are there any experts that can tell me how high I can go!Please don't critisize my motives,this is my hobby. Here is my current situation
    1-providain-4100-16.9% open 8/1996
    2-Mbna Gold option-15000.00 13.99% open 12/99
    3-target 1000.00 open 12/99
    4-Discover 8400.00 12.99 open 03/2000
    5-citi lick plat-5000.00 9.05 open 7/2000
    6citi platinum select 20500 open 10/2000
    7-Amex Blue 7000.00 9.9% open 12/2000
    8-Amex delta Gold 6000.00 17.49% open 2/2001
    9-Amex gold charge open 3/2001
    10-Amex optima plat.9000.00 9.9% open5/2001
    11-chase plat 5000.00 12.49 open 01/20001
    12-juniper 12500.00 11.99% open 12/2000
    13 us bank loc 7000.00 13.% open 3/2001
    14-macys 1500.00 open 6/2001
    15-meier and frank 1500.00 open 6/2001
    16-best buy 2500.00 open 6/2001
    17-parasians 1200.00 opn 12/2000
    18-limited 800.00 open 12/1999
    19-sears 500.00 open 3/2001
    I have no lates or negatives.I know which cra pulled for each creditor.I have talked my way into over half of these cards after denial.How far will they let me go!I have used only information from this board,which I lurkon daily,I with your help have done this.BTW I am only at 18% UTILIZATION!

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Thanks for the "info". 18% utilization $108,000+ credit...hmmmmm......14 charge and 5 store cards? how many people are in your credit profile? Wish I were You!!

-Dave

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

How high can you go?

Really, the sky is just about the limit.

I know of several people who have Visa and Master Cards with limits of $40 to $80 million each and certainly more than one of each.

Yes, they are large automobile dealers and the cards I know they have are from Ford Credit and GMAC and the purpose for these cards is to purchase cars at auction or bank repos or whatever.

They also have very large letters of credit from their bankers I am sure, but I don't know that as fact.

I'd hate to even try to guess how many other cards and lines of credit they might have. Ford Factory and GF (General Motors Factory) are seperate from Ford Credit and GMAC and I'd be surprised if they didn't have separate lines of credit from those as well.

If you would like to see what kind of dealership I am talking about, one dealer that is very large is Bob Moore here in OKC. He has separate dealerships for Cadillac, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Chevy, Nissan, Honda, Izuzu and heaven only knows what else. He has a separate set of showrooms and business names and repair shops for each of them. He does recall servicing for all of the above.

He has separate websites for each as far as I know.
    http://www.bobmoorecadillac.com
    starts the list. He has dealerships in Oklahoma City, Edmond and Norman, and probably other cities that I don't know about as well, and he is just a little peanut compared to some such as Hudiberg who repeats the same thing nationwide.

What's the limit?

I doubt if there is one

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Impressive!! Looks like you can go as high as you want to. How do you donvince them to keep giving you credit? I have had a couple turn me down because I had so many cards and so much credit.

breeze

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

You aren't Bob Moore. (LOL)

He must have that kind of credit lines because he is in business(s). Car dealerships isn't the only thing he is into either. I know he also has a gun range and heaven only knows what else he is into.

Another example is Fred Jones. The old man is dead, but Junior runs the show now. He has a huge factory which rebuilds Ford parts too. And heaven only knows what else.

Some of the limits are probably according to what the credit card and other lenders perceive as being your needs as well as what is your ability to pay.

People like Bob Moore think nothing of buying a couple of million bucks worth of automobiles at the auction I work at and then go to the next auction somewhere else and doing the same thing. I know they also go to the auctions in Kansas City, Dallas and Houston. Heaven only knows where else they go. They even pull large numbers of cars out of Alaska, Canada and Hawaii. We see them on the auction all the time.

We are going to have a "party sale" June 28th. They will sell well over 5.000 cars in one day and the sale will start at 8:00 A.M. and may run till midnite although it's usually over by 8 or 9 P.M. They do that once a year. They will run 11 lanes of cars getting auctioned off all at the same time. Eleven auctioneers all spouting off at the same time.

It's a real circus.

Starting Monday, we will be working 7 days a week and at least 10 hours a day or more just getting ready for the damned thing.

6. Davidoj

Davidoj Member

You said" I have talked my way into over half of these cards after denial." what did you say ? I'd like to get some cards that I have been denied too, that I feel like I should be able to get. I also have a lot of cards and allways pay off in full. Please shine some additional light on your constuctive methods. Thanks

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Geez, you better move your cards off the table there, I'm drooling on them...gee whiz...gee whiz...
    Ok, that's my brilliant comment. Gee whiz!

8. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

9. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I think about $150,000. However, I have used a couple of businesses to control more, right now I have access to close to $300,000. It is more than a hobby with me. I have used my credit to create CreditWorks. Our goal is to help others test the limits lower their interest costs and in the process make them some money.
    Keep up the good work.

www.creditsense.com

10. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Right now 108,500 in Credit with about 19,500 owed. I believe your limits will go higher but total owed can not get out of control. Excessive balances will put you at risk with creditors. Of course income plays major role. I would say you might be able to hit 150,000 with above cards mentioned. I had ZERO BankCards in September of 96 now have 125k in BankCards not counting Department Stores. Good Luck to you.

11. sph88

sph88 Well-Known Member

When a computer rejects you, call the new accounts dept. and plead your case.Go as high as the "unit manager" if you have to!

12. eviljeeba

eviljeeba Well-Known Member

Try Getting An AMEX Black Card

Well, I've heard about an AMEX Black Card. I think that is the highest you can go:) This card is issued on an invitation only basis to people who have excellent credit.

Since you like to obtain credit cards for a hobby, why not try for an AMEX Black?

Let me know if you get one.

13. curiouser

curiouser Well-Known Member

Re: Try Getting An AMEX Black Card

Isn't AMEX Black "by invitation only?"

14. Surphie

Surphie Well-Known Member

that's a good one. AmEx Black is the highest you can go. It is by invitation only but having excellent credit...why not?

:)

15. steve

steve Well-Known Member

I think the AMEX Centurion Card (Black Card) is only offered to AMEX Platinum charge cardholders who spend a certain amount or more every month. If you really want to go for this one ($1,000 annual fee)you could start by requesting an upgrade from Gold to Platinum charge and go from there. By the way, I also like collecting high level credit cards. Of course my family thinks I'm crazy, but I think it's better than collecting stamps.

16. Surphie

Surphie Well-Known Member

And...
    As a Platinum Card® member, you'll earn 5,000 Membership Rewards® bonus points each time you recommend a friend or colleague for Platinum Card membership and his or her application is approved. There's no limit to the number of referrals you can make and Membership Rewards points you can earn. The Membership Rewards program offers travel rewards, such as airline tickets and vacation packages, as well as exciting shopping, sports, and gourmet gifts. (posted at AmEx.com)

Any Platinum charge cardholders around???

:)

17. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

Lizardking, is there a message thread that best chronicles your credit repair experience?

18. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Exercise the credit you have. You can carry a balance at little or no cost using the CreditWorks program. Carrying a balance will get you lower rates and higher limits. It has worked for me and every participant in our program since '96.

www.creditsense.com