Limits that don't report on CR

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by laurie33, Aug 13, 2003.

1. laurie33

laurie33 Well-Known Member

I was just checking my EQ report and see that our Discover doesn't report the credit limit. Now I know Crap One does this, but Discover? And I'm sure not going to charge up $15K just to get it to report either. But I"m afraid to point it out to them for fear it will get deleted totally. What to do?

2. laurie33

Bumping in case anybody has any ideas for me.

3. denied

denied Well-Known Member

Same with my Equifax.

Real pain too--my high credit on Discover is like 3600$ while the limit is 15,500.

but...I don't know what you can do to get them to fix it. I never even got into it back when I was disputing things, more trouble than it was worth it seemed.

Anyone who does know the magic word to get Discover to report correctly, please share with the rest of the class!

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Copy the statement and HIGHLIGHT the CREDIT LIMIT and send it to the CRA..."PLEASE REPORT THE CORRECT CREDIT LIMIT OF $XX,XXX"

DELETED...you always run that RISK

I LOST AMEX BLUE ON EXPERIAN (FOR-EVER) BECAUSE I WANTED CREDIT LIMIT N/A CHANGED TO CREDIT LIMIT $15,500!!!

5. laurie33

This is exactly what I'm afraid of George, I've read of you and others having that happen. And I don't know if it's worth the risk since it's a good tradeline. It just reports at half the $15,000 limit, but I'd sure hate to lose it altogether.

Is there any one CRA that is more or less likely to erase it totally? Then I would just leave it alone with those.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

"This is a request for ACCURACY...my credit limit is stated as $X,XXX when in fact it is $XX,XXX...I have enclosed a copy of my statement with the CREDIT LIMIT HIGHLIGHTED...please fix this error...this is NOT a request to remove the account...the only problem with the account is it's ACCURACY"

...or some such words