Limits

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Dec 20, 2000.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

When fico scores are determined, is the balance to limit ratio calculated for each card or the total balances and total limits on all cards?

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Not sure Sam, I thought it was total balance/limits, but my lender told me 2 of my cards were near max and that wasn't helping even though I had plenty on all other cards, plus I have noticed at these sites where they give "their" scoring sysytem both have said the same thing about my 2 accounts, so now I have to wonder???

3. average jo

average jo Guest

I have a very high FICO score,and i can tell you this much i have 1 card almost maxed out with a balance of $12,869.75 against a total credit limit of 14K.Also i have 2 other cards with a very small charges that i pay-off every month.My total credit limits on these two cards are $19,500.00,and i have no more then $200.00 charged between the 2 cards.I truley beive FICO calcalates total debt against total credit limits on all cards.Thefore this gives me a debt to income ratio of 13% now thats low,and that explains my very high score.I think if you would all cards over 80% of total credit limits used would hurt you very bad.Does anyone agree with me that theory about this part of credit scoring?

4. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Must have a few other cards cause what you posted is about 39% of your revolving credit lines.