line increases

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by the rock, Nov 9, 2000.

1. the rock

the rock Guest

I can't get a line increase to save my soul!I have tried with orchard,providian and capital one.Any suggestions?All 3 are nearly at limit level. Orchard 300.00,Povidian 2,000.00 and Capital one 1,000.00

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

go apply and get a citibank AAdvantage and dump those cards..

3. JD

JD Guest

You can purchase credit line increases at Orchard Bank. You need to call them and request it. The offer tehy give you depends on how well you've been performing with them.

4. dave

dave Well-Known Member

it is easier to get credit limit increases if you are not maxed out on the cards.

5. Jenn

Jenn Guest

I understand what you mean about the increases. I also have trouble getting them. I was once told that if you have to many credit cards out that you cannot receive them. I at one point and time had 25 credit card accounts. A lot of store accounts. But it also depends on how long you have had the credit cards. Alot of ttimes they want you to have them 6 months to a year. But anyways, if you have a lot of accounts then close some out and call for an increase. That helped me. Or do not make any inquiries for about three months. Hope this helped a little bit.