LizardKing and Friends - Help

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Toothman, Apr 10, 2001.

1. Toothman

Toothman Well-Known Member

As some of you may know, I am a newbie to the board and am serious about cleaning up my debt. My scores are as follows:

Equifax 545
    TransUnion 513
    Experian 471

I found a credit repair company that advertises in Southern California and made a good impression upon me when I sat down with the rep. They emphasized how they take the slow and steady approach and act in an ethical manner. They also stated that they had a good rapport with many of the Collection Agencies on my reports and could work deals with them. They even gave me written guarantees.

Well, the price of all this was $480 up front and an agreement to pay them 80 per month for the next 18 months.

I just received my first round from Experian and they only contested two entries. These two were a low probability of being removed and I can't understand why they picked these particular ones. One was with the company they said they had a good relationship with.

So....$480 later....I get 1 updated and 1 verified entry. Does your beginning efforts always start this way or is this ineptness by the company or what? They even put a hard inquiry on my report to get my initial reports.

Should I wait awhile longer or try to get out of my contract? I need advice.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: LizardKing and Friends - H

$1920 + a hard inquiry???

What if it is fixed 100% next month...your obligated to pay the whole $1920...
    -------------------------------------------
    They even gave me written guarantees.
    ------------------------------------------

Guarantee WHAT???

3. CD

CD Guest

Credit Repair Act

Toothman:
    The law Lizardking referred to is the *CREDIT REPAIR ORGANIZATIONS ACT* that prohibits up-front payments, that is of course unless the credit repair provider is a non-profit organization or creditor. However, other exemptions may apply as well.

I strongly suggest that you read the entire Act, then demand your money back if warranted. The entire Act can be found at http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/croa/croa.htm and allows for financial penalties if violated. Check it out?

Keep The Faith,
    Anthony Villaseñor,
    CreditDefenses.com

4. Shelby

Shelby Well-Known Member

Re: Credit Repair Act

Lizardking,

how do you go back 3 months to read the posts that are that old....I can only go back a few days then there is only an option for newer posts.

5. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Best way of doing this (as I found out when I was new and wanted to go way back to read old messages) is to alter the url kinda like this:

http://consumers.creditnet.com/phorum/list.php?f=1&t=49399&a=2

This is the URL displayed in your browser right at this moment if you are one page back from the top of the listing. The number after the "t=" (in this case 49399) appears to be the message number at the top of the page. Alter this number to some lower range and you will move pretty far back in time. Change it to a silly low number (like 18 or so) and you'll go back to the first message. Looks like the first one still available is from 3-20-2000.

6. Saar

Saar Banned

That's what the search feature is for! No messing w/ numbers and you get only what you had searched for.

Saar

7. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Exactly why reading from the beginning is valuable. If you only get what you search for, you never know anything about what you didn't think to search.

8. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

click on threaded/unthreaded

to go backwards :) Then you will see "older" posts as well as "new".