Lizardking HELP

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Gliz10444, Mar 28, 2001.

1. Gliz10444

Gliz10444 Guest

We have a tax lien on our credit reports dating back to 1993.
    On two credit reports it says that we paid the $10,000
    and on the other it says that the status is unknown.
    The thing is after we were audited they owed us money. I've tried and tried to get IRS to have this removed because we never owed them the money. They say there is nothing they can do about it. Is there anyone out there that can tell me how I might be able to have this removed.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NOT LIZARDKING, BUT

Notify the credit reporting agencies that this is a false report and you want it removed.

If the credit reporting agencies say they can't remove it, then go back to the IRS and tell them to send an updated report to the credit reporting agencies to have it removed.

THE BIG PROBLEM YOU HAVE TWO AGENCIES THAT ANSWER TO NOBODY TELLING YOU THEY CAN'T DO SOMETHING, BUT THEY BOTH CAN!!!!

3. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Re: NOT LIZARDKING, BUT

Problem is the CRA's will call the courthouse, verify the lien and then put verified on your report.At small claims they could show no lack of responsibility.
    You could go to the IRS with everthing and ask for a lien filed in error letter,if no they must give you a release of lien or lien paid or lien satisfied and file it with the court if everthing was paid .If filed it will come off very fast.Make sure it says it whas paid /satified in 1993(SOL)

4. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Re: NOT LIZARDKING, BUT

CALL YOUR CONGRESSMAN/WOMEN!!!! They have authority to direct the IRS to clarify the situation. My mother had a similiar situation on her house and this advice was given to her by a women who called. Her situation was rectified, but it was a lengthy process.

Reshod