lizardking: need help!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ender, Mar 20, 2001.

1. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Hi, I have a similar prob as MP$40 did with the safeway checks. Unfortunately, I have 5 incidents with the checks and all 5 show up on my CR for equifax and experian. I tried disputing these as NOT MINE through the CRA. By doing this, I received a letter from Bay Area Credit Service stating that these are valid and they are providing these letters as so..

WHat are my next steps? Validation letters to Bay Area Credit? Should I send 1 challenging all 5 to show proof or 5? THanks in advance..

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Not Lizardking but...

I would send a validation letter disputing the checks. Here is a copy of the first letter that I wrote. I'll leave in the agency name and contact since it's probably the same as yours.

Bay Area Credit Service
    Attn: Jan Jennings, Consumer Assistance & Verification
    2185 The Alameda, Suite 1
    San Jose, CA 95126

Date: October 19, 2000
    Tracking Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Ms. Jennings:

On September 9, 2000 I received a copy of my credit report from Experian, Trans Union, and Equifax. Included in those reports were the following information reported by you:

Account #:
    xxxxxxxx - $87
    xxxxxxxx - $84
    xxxxxxxx - $49

Original Creditor: Safeway

I requested that the credit bureau remove that information from my file. The bureau has refused, however, informing me that your company claims the information is accurate as reported.

THIS IS NOT TRUE! The following is the correct information:

These accounts should be deleted from my file. To my knowledge, I did not write these checks.

I have contacted your office and have spoken with Kristi at x0000 in regards to this matter. I requested (sometime in July?) that she send me copies of the checks. Still having not received any information, I contacted your office again in September to follow up with my request. A representative stated that she would follow up on my request. To this date, I have not seen any copies of any checks.

This negative mark is damaging my credit. You have 30 days from receipt of this notice to respond with proof of this debt. Either provide the proof, or delete the records with the 3 credit reporting agencies. Your failure to respond, on point, in writing, hand signed, and in a timely manner, will work as a waiver to any and all of your claims in this matter, and will entitle me to presume that you reported this information in error, and that this matter is permanently closed.

For the purposes of 15 USC 1692 et seq., this Notice has the same effect as a dispute to the validity of the alleged debt and a dispute to the validity of your claims. This Notice is an attempt to correct your records, and any information received from you will be collected as evidence should further action be necessary. This is a request for information and/or correction of record only, and is not a statement, election, or waiver of status.

Thank you for your immediate attention to this matter.

Regards,

MP$40

3. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Re: Not Lizardking but...

Thanks for the reply guys... I will try doing this. I wonder if there is any danger tho? The SOL hasn't past yet.. these events occurred back in 5/-7/97. What would you guys do?