Lizardking: Need Info For Lawsuits

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by chriscraft, Jul 8, 2001.

1. chriscraft

chriscraft Well-Known Member

Lizardking, I know that recently you filed suit against all three major CRAs. Do you happen to have the name and addresses of their agents for service of process? I live in California and have searched the California Secretary of State's office for the addresses, but I just want to make sure the info I found matches what you used when you filed suit.
    Did you also send a copy of the lawsuits to any other addresses?

Finally, about how long did it take for the CRAs to respond to you from the time they were served with the lawsuits? I know you said that you sent a settlement offer along with each lawsuit, correct? Would you be willing to post that settlement letter for us? I think it would be helpful.

Thanks much for your help.

2. marci

marci Well-Known Member

bump...

3. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Hey Chriscraft - I am in CA too.. that would def. be good info. Bump here too..

I plan on filing my suits in mid September..

4. chriscraft

Hey Ender. Yes, I agree, it will be nice to have that information on hand. Once I am able to confirm that the addresses I have are correct, I'll post them. I haven't decided whether I am actually going to file the lawsuits with the court, or just prepare the papers and tell them that if by a date certain I don't get what I have demanded then I will proceed to actually file the lawsuits against them. Are you going to file against them, or just prepare papers and threaten? I am prepared to file the lawsuits, but I am hoping to get a resolution short of having to do so. I'd hate to have to waste $60 in filing fees if I don't have to!

5. chriscraft

Lizardking -- you out there???

6. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

I think $60 is definitely worth it if it causes deletions to happen.. it's a lot less than what LK had to pay in FL for $120 per case.

7. chriscraft

Ender, I agree totally. It is worth it, without a doubt. But if I can get the same results without a trip to the courthouse and to the Post Office, then I am that much further ahead of the game. But I'll go whichever direction yields the necessary results.

On an unrelated topic, did you ever have any luck with the credit union/secured loans we privately emailed about? Just curious. Feel free to write privately if you like. Whichever you prefer.

8. chriscraft

Lizardking, thanks for the info. Do you remember what address you used to serve process on Experian?

And please update me. I am confused. I thought you had finished suing Trans Union and the other two bureaus. Is your suit against Trans Union a new one? If so, for what? I am not trying to be too inquisitive, I am just curious.

9. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

I haven't done the credit union/loan yet. I plan on doing this at the end of August, beginning of September actually. I will hve all my debts paid off then, so will have a few extra thousand dollars to try it out. i will let you know how it goes though..

As for the lawsuits, I will be done w/ 3 complete rounds w/ both CRA's and creditors/CA's (validations) by the end of August as well, and plan on filing the suits by mid September. My goal is to have perfect credit by december actually.. so we'll see how things go.

10. danrs

danrs Well-Known Member

Lizardking,

Curious, did you actually intend to go to court the following day, or was it a bluff?

I'd be inclined to file, but realistically, it would be a bluff, and the date of the hearing, I'd be inclined not to show, or ask the case be dismissed.

Wondering what would happen if the plaintiff didn't show? I'm sure just the threat, as it was in your case, would be enough.....but if it wasn't, and someone actually did show up, I really wouldn't be prepared to argue the case.

If they did by some small chance decide to fight it, could I cancel the case the day of the hearing without getting into too much caca?

Thanks

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NOT LK...but they really would NOT waste the money to hire a local attorney to show up...all he wanted was the bad/wrong stuff gone...that what's been done...

WIN~WIN