Lizardking...???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Apr 2, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

You posted about George's credit. Remember Jim was asking George about his credit and # of accounts.

You said George had credit in the 500's. That is not true. George has a strong 690 which he wishes to see rise.

He has many accounts w/ no negatives and he a very good score.

I HAVE 10 OPEN REVOLVING ACCOUNTS, and I have recently closed about 5 accounts. My score is in the 700's and has been in the 600's just under a year now.

My file is short. My good credit is only from 1999. My file starts in 1987 with my student loans first reporting.

I have a finance co. car loan also.

I DO have negatives reported. I settled charge off from discover from 1995 and 4 paid collections (student loans) on my file from 1999.

So my file is not perfect. I have about 11 inquiries in the last 6 months and I have 10 open accounts and 5 recently closed accounts.

What is your take on that and your understanding of scoring?

roni

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I DIDN'T EXPECT 850...BUT CLOSER TO 800...NOT 690...

I'M WORKING ON A BALANCE TRANSFER TO "ELIMINATE" FIRST USA...THEY CAN EAT THEIR 22.49%!!!

WATCH MY F.I.C.O. GO IN THE DUMPS AFTER I DO...

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Thank you. that all makes sense to me.

And of course I am turned down automatically. Dont you read my post. LOL. That is how I have so many inquiries.

Anyway. Thanks again.

roni

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

That is one reason I beleive inquiries should have no affect on score. I think that all inquiries should be soft unless I specifically sign something saying they can view my report.===========================
    =====================
    REPLY==they shoulden't to be allowed to be reported period!

5. Saar

Saar Banned

George wrote:
    "I'M WORKING ON A BALANCE TRANSFER TO "ELIMINATE" FIRST USA...THEY CAN EAT THEIR 22.49%!!!"

George, don't tell me you still won't pick up the phone and have your Blue APR lowered to 10.9 :)

Remember, that is what Supervisors and Retention agents are PAID TO DO.

Saar

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Why now?

Why are you guys saying this now? LOL. I was sneaking applying for credit on the "DL" b/c I was afraid was score would drop. ( I wasnot a good wagoner). I thought it wouldnot hurt me really but now you guys all agree. Go Figure.

Better late than never!

roni

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Why now?

I CALLED AMEX BLUE ABOUT THE 9.99% WAS TOLD IT'S NOT AVAILABLE...
    ASKED ABOUT CREDIT LINE INCREASE...HE SAID I CAN APPLY ON LINE...

I forgot about the names of the "SPECIAL PEOPLE" TO ASK FOR...

8. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: Why now?

The 9.9% rate is indeed no longer availale. Go for the 10.9%.

As for the increase, he was right. Check online: it will tell you when you're pre-aproved for an increase.

Saar

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

lizardking...

BOBBY POST------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------NEED I SAY MORE??????????

I remember someone posting that he saw a credit application with a 850 score. It was some 23 year old guy carrying a bunch of debt. So go figure.