LK,SAAR, STEVE, MAX & othe

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Apr 14, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I AM TRYING TO GET THIS OFF MY REPORTS BECAUSE IT'S THE WORST ITEM BEING REPORTED. I ALREADY DISPUTED AS NOT MINE, THE DATES ARE WRONG AND I WROTE TO UNIPAC AND RECEIVED A LETTER BACK SAYING THAT WHEN YOUR LOAN DEFAULTED IT WAS SOLD TO CALIFORNIA STUDENT AID. THEY COULDN'T GIVE ME ANYTHING OTHER THAN THAT. I HAVE DISPUTES IN RIGHT NOW WITH EXPERIAN AND TRANS UNION FOR THIS. I SENT A COPY OF THE LETTER AS VERIFICATION THAT THEY CANNOT VERIFY WHAT THEY ARE REPORTING. I DID NOT SEND ANYTHING TO EQUIFAX BECAUSE THE DON't ACCEPT LETTERS FROM CONSUMERS. SO I THOUGHT I'D GO AFTER UNIPAC ONE MORE TIME, HERES HOW THEY ARE REPORTING ON ALL 3:
    TRANS UNION

UNIPAC SERVICES ACCT#XXXXX COLLECTION ACCT
    <PAID COLLECTION> STUDENT LOAN
    VERIF'D 08/2000 BALANCE $0 INDIVIDUAL ACCT
    OPENED 10/1996 MOST OWED $3187 PAY TERMS: 83 MONTHLY
    CLOSED 06/1998
    >STATUS AS OF 06/1998: PAID COLLECTION<

EXPERIAN
    UNIPAC SERVICE CORP
    DT OPENED DT OF STATUS TERM RESP. CL RECENT BAL
    10-1996/ 7-1998/ 83 MO. IND. $3187/ NA
    1-1997 7-1998 NA
    COMMENTS
    ACCOUNT HISTORY:
    COLLECTION AS OF 7-1998
    180 DAYS AS OF 2-1998 TO 5-1998, 2-1998
    150 DAYS AS OF 1-1998
    120 DAYS AS OF 11-1997, 10-1997
    90 DAYS AS OF 11-1997, 8-1997
    60 DAYS AS OF 7-1997
    THIS ACCOUNT IS SCHEDULED TO REMAIN ON YOUR RECORD UNTIL 7-2004

EQUIFAX:
    UNIPAC
    WHOSE ACCT. : I
    DATE OPENED 10-96
    MONTHS REVIEWED 18
    DATE OF LAST ACTIVITY 6-1997
    HIGH CREDIT $3187
    TERMS 83 MONTHS
    ITEM AS OF DATE REPORTED:
    BALANCE $0
    PAST DUE: BLANK
    STATUS I5
    DATE REPORTED 2/01
    PREVIOUS PAYMENT HISTORY; 1 TIME 60 DAYS LATE; 9 TIMES 90+ DAYS LATE
    PREVIOUS STATUS: 5/98 - I5; 4/98 - I5; 3/98 - I5
    STUDENT LOAN
    PAID COLLECTION

Now according to Equifax, the date of last activity is 6/97, I believe that this is when it was sold. Now how can Experian report info well into 1998? Any ideas on what type of letter I should send to Unipac. This is the only negative item on Trans Union. It's one of two negative items on Experain, the other negative item will fall of 1/2002! So if I could get this off I would be in great shape. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

2. Maximus

Maximus Active Member

Re: LK,SAAR, STEVE, MAX &

The date of last activity should be the date of the last adverse event - when the debt first went into default. Check out www.nolo.com there is a book in dealing with student loans in there that would be of great help to you. You could ask Unipac to provide records of the debt and request an audit. First though, get and read the book then move from there.

Venceremos
    Maximus

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Unipac is really screwing over my daughter. She's sent in 3 deferments now and they claim to not have received a one, though a week ago, they told it was received and in process. Sent her a default warning today. This is insane!

4. Steve A

Steve A Guest

Souds like more trouble in Colorado. Your time is wasted if you do not send your letters certified mail. Student loans are a whole different ballgame. Look at that default warning letter closely. Did it say she has to pay the whole thing off at once. I mean, are the loans accelerated? Also, beware of the 60 day statute of limitations after alleged default during which you can request an administrative review and dispute the matter (if it defaults).

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Thanks, Steve...no, it said if she called they would help her set up a deferment (oh, boy..she has talked to them so many times...and set it up so many times..and she's sent the papers so many times...)

Clearly she needs to send it certified, you are right. You know, she's 19 years old..how many 19-year olds know this stuff...I mean I'm gonna tell her..but they can sure mess up the life of a young kid by pretending they didn't get the paper.