LKH - Equifax

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Nave, Apr 11, 2001.

1. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

LKH,
    How did you "realize" that Equifax did not get the dispute letter? Was it that the others responded and Equifax did not?

Reason I ask is that those of us "within rounds" at Junum might want to proactively seek the Equifax answer so we do not wait until the end of the round to find out that Equifax never started that round. What is your recommendation as to discovery of Equifax receiving the dispute...should we call Junum or Equifax directly?

What sux is that Experian and TU send receipt confirmation letters but Eq does not!

Thanks -Dave

2. mimi

mimi Guest

Hmmm. Maybe I should call Equifax or all 3 CRAs tomorrow just to see if they received MY disputes, even though they came from Junum.

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Nave

Since my husband had the same situation except he never got his dispute results from Experian or Equifax, I'll also answer. Hope that is o.k.

The reason we figured something was wrong is that all my credit dispute responses came in but only his TU did. Interestingly, I got his credit score and there was a deletion on Equifax. It doesn't make sense they would have done a deletion if they hadn't received the dispute.

Unlike LKH, he never got the Experian update. I did get that report online and it also showed 1 deletion.

I got all mine, but both of us have only gotten dispute received notices from TU.

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Re: Nave

I got "dispute received" notices from TU and Ex I have been told that Eq NEVER sends one. I am not gonna panic about it, I was just wondering "if Eq never claims to get a dispute, we have little recourse but to have Junum resend again and we would not know to tell Junum to re-send until the end of the round when you see no results at all from Eq"

I have read many posts and think Equifax ALWAYS gives non-information even lies over the phone about receiving and handling disputes.

Thanks Ms. ~C~

-Dave

BTW what happenned with your husbands reports, were they through Junum?

5. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Actually I didn't know that equifax never received or claims to have never received the disputes. I received my transunion update within 2 weeks of Junum sending it to them. At almost 4 weeks I decided to call both exp. and equ. to find out when the updates would be coming. That's when I found out they didn't receive it. I would suggest that you just call equ. and ask if they received your disputes. They will ask you what you disputed. I just tell them "I don't have it in front of me but there were several items". If they claim to not have it, they will try to get you to start a dispute over the phone. I've just told them "no, I want it to be from the letter I sent."

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Well, Nave, basically we just never received them. I did send Junum the online reports and they sent copies just like they did for LKH. Now, I have no clue if they have those. So, except for seeing the deletions online, I have no clue about them.

I think the idea of checking in with Equifax and Experian to see if they are there is not a bad idea. Seems like we would save a lot of wasted time. I'm totally scared to call them, isn't that crazy?

I wonder if the other Mrs. ~C~ has these issues..hehehe

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

LKH

Yeah, it's a good point about calling and checking. I'm so totally freaked to call them...I can't figure out what my issue is..

tell me I'm not the only one...

Or if I am the only one,lie to me, o.k.?

Just call me lilly-livered Mrs. ~C~

I'm gonna have to change my name..I hate those ~ marks

8. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Re: LKH

LOL I am cracking up! Stop you're killin me!

These guys are meant to scare you...don't be...its your right to call its your credit!

I will call them and ask if they received my dispute...I will say (as you have) that "I don't have my copy in front of me", my lawyer does...and that "the reason I am calling is that we received notification from TU and EX (or use the other 2) and I had received NOTHING from Eq" (the truth!).

I know what you mean, but don't be scared be tough. Have some answers pre-thought out and just say, "you are not calling to discuss the disputes themselves, just to find out if Eq has received them."

It'll be ok Mrs. ~C~ LOL

- Dave

9. Tim

Tim Guest

Re: LKH

I think the simple solution to the problem is to just send your "rounds" certified with return receipt requested.

Or, am I dumb and I shouldn't spend that kind of money when I start my "rounds" again?

10. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Tim

Tim, we are using Junum so the situation is a bit different. :)

11. Tim

Tim Guest

Re: Junum

Oh, duh...

So tell me how much junum charges. Isn't it like $30 a month and then $8 a letter or something?

Does it REALLY work? I only have like literally 2 things that are bad, well....then there is the situation with the umm...inquiries, but I don't think they could be deleted, or could they?