LKH: how's your lawsuit filing goin

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ender, Aug 28, 2001.

1. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Hey, I was just wondering how everything was going and if the CRA's have settled? I am sending my demand letters this thursday and plan on filing a lawsuit mid next month..

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Hey Ender,

Neither Experian (credit data southwest) or Trans Union had the smarts to reply to my offers to settle prior to filing. So, as of this morning, my credit data southwest lawsuit was filed and it will be on its' way to be served this afternoon. I included an offer of settlement so we'll see if they've gotten any smarter in the past couple of weeks.
    I actually have credit data southwest on at least 4 violations. I'll keep the board updated as events occur.
    Thanks for asking and good luck with yours.

3. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Good Luck LKH....!!!

MartysGirl

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Ok LKH we are rooting for you! Good luck - go get 'em!

-Peace, Dave

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Good for you!!

6. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Good for you! Go get them!

I am beginning to think that the CRA's are playing on the fact that the majority of the consumers don't know or understand the FCRA. They seem to push and violate where they can to see if they can get away with it. It seems once they are served a lawsuit all of a sudden they wise up and settle because those that file lawsuits are a minority while they get away with the cr** with the majority.

We will be anxious to hear what happens. We all hope you have the luck that Lizardking did.

7. danrs

danrs Well-Known Member

Ender,

I sent our demand letters two weeks ago to all three CRA's.

Trans Union responded with a copy of my report. This report was not the usual nicely printed report, this one looks as though it was done on one of the old ribbon type printers, and instead of their usual contact number, they said I should "address all future correspondence to the "Fraud Victim Assistance Department". So, they obiously took notice of the demand letter. If that's good or bad I don't know.

Experian responded with a copy of my report, the usual garbage about contacting the original creditor, 100 word statement, etc., and nothing else.

Equifax as of yet hasn't responded.

I filed against all 3 today, and I must admit while a little nervous, it felt good. My court dates are all around the fisrt of Sept. I imagine I'll be hearing from them shortly, and hopefully with good news.

dan

8. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. It is most appreciated. I was a little nervous about filing, wondering what happens if they decide to fight me all the way, but, I've got them on several violations so I guess I probably don't have much to worry about. I'll keep everyone informed as to the outcome and any updates.

9. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Good luck LKH once again.. I am following behind you guys basically.. my demand letter goes out return receipt requested and certified on the 30th. The demand letter gives them until the 15th to pay me $2000 for my time and expenses and delete all the negatives on my report.. I have a HUGE paper trail of all the FCRA violations and even carbon copies of the letters from the creditors that shows they requested deletions of the tradelines.

If they don't act on this, then I will file a lawsuit mid september and offer a settlement again a few days after.. if they don't respond, I am going all the way.

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Good Luck, LKH!