Local Bureau Affiliates

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MT, Jul 5, 2001.

1. MT

MT Well-Known Member

I've noticed that some people have made reference to local affiliates of TU, EQ and EX. How do you find out who your local affiliate is -- and can you generally just send your dispute to the local affiliate? Just curious. Thanks.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WHEN YOU REQUEST A CREDIT REPORT...IT TELLS YOU TO SEND PROBLEMS TO...

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    investigate your file

If you would like to investigate an item in your credit file, please contact Advantage Network Systems, Inc, PO Box 1180, Grand Junction, CO, 81502 at (970) 245-4236
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DON'T ASSUME YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO SEND TO LOCAL OR NATIONAL...AND DON'T ASSUME YOU CAN OR CANNOT DISPUTE ON-LINE...

3. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

Write the big three or apply for your reports online with the big three (equifax, experian, trans union) they all have websites. When you apply they will either send you a copy of what they have on file and let you dispute directly with the office that handles your disputes and requests or they will give you a copy of your report and refer you to a company in your area that handles the information for them. These companies should have identical info due to them sharing the same exact repositories. They will expect you to handle all disputes with your local affiliates. You may just get a letter from them telling you the name,address and phone# of your local affiliate. I think have tried disputing with different bureaus of the same company and had some success. although Equifax locked my account out and wouldnt except disputes. THey have forced me to deal with my local CRA. They are going to be suprised in the future for what I have in store for their negligance..

4. cole

cole Active Member

Please share your plan for the local affiliate. I have been forced to deal with a local Equifax affiliate and the first thing the local bureau did was to demand $9.00 for THEIR report. They have absolutely stonewalled me about this. I would much prefer to deal with Equifax, and since Equifax is the one actually reporting on me it seems they should be held accountable for their affiliates' actions. I just don't know how to get things started.

5. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

I don't care about the affiliates, I am going after Equifax for not answering my requests and disputes that I have mailed to them over the past 6 months. They have replied only once telling me to deal with the local bureau. Well, I got news for them. They carry the same info as the local bureau. IF I was to go out of the local bureaus place of business and go into the Equifax area of business, they would be just as responsible (and they are) as anyone else. We will see what happens with their negligence. I am putting a case together, and we will just have to see. I will post my results..

6. c5kirk

c5kirk Well-Known Member

I have read/heard that one of the reasons the CRA's have begun using more & more local "affiliates" is for verification purposes. As people learn more about the way the credit industry works, combined with credit repair companies that have sprung up everywhere, the CRA's are receiving many more challenges than in the past. Using their affiliates, when someone challenges an entry the CRA "verifies" it with the affiliate and denies the challenge. Then if the person who challenged decides to take it a step further, which most don't, and demand to know the name, phone #, etc... of the person who verified the acct. the CRA provides them with that info. but it is just someone at their "affiliate".

I don't know how valid this is (or the legalities involved), but would really like to hear others take on this.

Thanks
    Kirk