Locked out of EX Reports online???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ajordan, Aug 7, 2003.

1. ajordan

ajordan Well-Known Member

For the past 3 weeks or so I have not been able to access any of my EX reports online no matter how many different ways I try. I cannot even signup for Scorecard because supposedly they cannot verify all of my information. Nonsense - it hasn't tchanged since the last time I was able to access my reports.

Has anyone had this happen? I need some assistance.

Basically it appears I am blocked from online access but I can pick up the phone and order a report via thweir phone automated system. Has anyone experienced this???

Help!!

2. Phreedom

Phreedom Well-Known Member

I had something similar happen with TU. I was able to order my report (via the phone which probably went to my old address, but not get it online). I waited a few weeks and tried again and it let me sign up.

3. BrettS

BrettS Well-Known Member

I had exactly the same thing happen. Here is my story... hopefully you'll have better luck.

I started my credit repair journey back in May and I signed up for Experian's Credit Watch then. I pulled my first online report with no problem and then started a dispute online for some address information, late payments, and accounts that were not mine. The next day I tried to pull another report with Credit Watch and it said I was unable to. I called the Credit Watch tech support people and they told me that "We have a few customers with this problem. You may as well cancel your membership while you're still in the trial period because it won't do you any good". I tried to ask if they could fix it or tell me what's wrong and they said that if I stayed a member they could try to fix it, but it would probably take several weeks. I spoke with a CSR at Experian who verified that all of my personal information was correct and said that she could see no reason why I couldn't pull my report online and offered to send me a copy by mail.

Next I signed up for Privacy Guard's free trial. It wouldn't let me sign up online, so I had to fax them proof of my identity and wait for my packet with my membership number in the mail. When I finally got it I signed on and attempted to pull my first tri-merge credit report online. It came back with an error message saying that they were unable to provide my report at this time. I called Privacy Guard tech support and they said that "Experian was providing my credit report in a format their computers couldn't understand" Again they told me that they had a few customers with this problem and they were working on it. I continued to try to pull my report daily with Privacy Guard and had the same results each time. I called tech support several times the first week and each time they told me the same thing. I tried to pin them down on how long it would take to fix, but the didn't know. The last person I spoke to was a supervisor who promised to call me weekly and update me with their progress. It's been nearly three months now and I haven't heard a word from her. I wanted Privacy Guard primarily for the daily inquiries for *b* on TU and EQ, and I discovered that even though it wasn't showing me my report it was still making inquiries whenever I attempted to pull the report. So I pretty much gave up on ever getting a report from Privacy Guard, but I kept my membership and continued with the daily pull attempts.

During this time I discovered that I could get a copy of my Experian report daily by going to Experian's web site and following the links for an online dispute. The report wasn't in a very pretty format, but at least I could track my changes that way. Because of this I knew that my report existed, so I wasn't terribly concerned about not being able to view it online.

At some point, and I'm not sure when, the error message on Privacy Guard changed to say "No data was provided from Experian. This may be because you have no credit history or your personal information is incorrect" (Or something along those lines). I didn't pay much attention to that until I tried to apply for a loan in the beginning of July.

I applied at my credit union and got a call back later that day telling me that she pulled my Experian report and it came back with no accounts. This really concerned me. I called experian and demanded to know what was going on. The person I spoke with told me that she could see the inquiries from the credit union so she knew that they had my personal info right and she could see all of my accounts so she knew everything was all right with my report. She said that the credit union should talk to their tech support people. I told her that I was having the same problem trying to pull my report online, so it was more than just a problem with the credit union. She didn't have much to say, so I asked to speak with a supervisor. I was told I would get a call back the next day. Two days later I called back and again asked to speak with a supervisor because no one had called back. Again, I was told I would get a call back.

Finally, a supervisor called me and I explained the problem and he had no idea. He suggested that the credit union and privacy guard both speak with their tech support people. I asked him to verify that there was no fraud alert or a split file anything else on my file that might prevent my report from coming through and he said there was nothing. I kept pushing and he finally said that maybe my report was too big and the computers at the other end were set to receive a report of up to a certain size. I said that I only had like 18 tradelines on the report, so how could that be too big. He said that my daily inquiries from Privacy Guard might be making it too big. I couldn't imagine that was the problem because I couldn't access the report even before I started using privacy guard. I asked him to delete some of the duplicate inquiries from privacy guard and he refused. I finally hung up feeling like I had gotten no further.

I continued doing my daily pulls with Privacy Guard, and for some reason, two days from when I spoke to the supervisor my report popped up on Privacy Guard. Since then I also went to myfico.com and got my experian score without a problem (This wasn't working before either). I have no idea what fixed it for me, but it seems to be working now, so I'm happy.

Unfortunatly, it was almost three months from when I started having problems until I was able to pull my report online again, but it is finally working again. I'm afraid I don't have much advice for you, but I thought you might like to know that someone else was in the same boat.

Brett

4. ajordan

ajordan Well-Known Member

Thanks Brett

I appreciate your reply. I can still view my report on privacy guard which I pull daily so I am nopt too concerned there. I was also able to see my report via the Dispute link opn Experians webiste until recently. It just says to call!

Would you happen to know that # to Tech Support? I cannot locate it anywhere.

Thanks!

Alex