Long time....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, Aug 15, 2001.

1. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Hello folks! Long time no "see".

I'm just checking in. Nothing new, besides I'm trying to get a loan for an Acura SUV that I ordered that's due to come in the end of the month.

My CU will pull Equifax and I have a collection there that should be falling off any day now. I'll keep checking Privista on Monday evenings to see if it's gone. My score went up 9 points for paying down my balances!

Other than that....things are going really...amazingly well. Keep fingers crossed on the car...I really want this!

I'll check back with you guys soon. Hope all is well with everyone. Hey Roni...did you close on your house yet?

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hi Shantel,

I just happened to check the board after a short absence and saw your post. I remember that you posted about the Acura a while back. Good luck and congratulations!!!! I am really surprised that Honda Finance did not make you a good offer for lease or purchase.

How do like the Discover card you got some time ago??

Jim

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Hey Shantel....

That Accura SUV is pretty tight! Good luck and I hope you don't get raped in finance. Stand your ground and be prepared to WALK AWAY if necessary. Car dealerships can be off the hook sometimes.

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Hey Shantel!

Good to see you!

breeze

5. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Hey girl...good to see you again....hope you stay awhile.

Sister Girl

6. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Good luck and good to hear from you.

Mike G.

7. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Good Luck Shantel. You'll get it. I got my Acura SUV through my CU. I couldn't believe it when they called me to pick up my check.

Only problem now is my back end is high because of my purchase so now I'm having problems trying to get a mortgage. :eek:(

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to live in my truck.LOL.

8. Shantel

Jim,

I didn't try to go through Honda Finance. I don't know which CRA they pull from so I can't take those chances. I know my CU pulls from EQX and I'm going to stick with them. Especially since I'll get 18k miles a year for the lease and there's no early termination penalty.

Discover is treating me fine. I'm glad to have it. I'm paying it down quickly because my 1.9% BT intro rate runs out 9/1.

Thanks for caring enough to ask!

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Good Luck Shantel with the purchase. I close on Wednesday of next week. I am psyched... scared. But I love the place....(smiles).

ME wants ME a new Car soon too....

10. Shantel

I hope I don't get raped too. I already know the vehicle is outrageously overpriced seeing that demand is higher than supply, but I just LOVE that thing and that's my first choice so if I can get it, I will.

I don't want a $700 car note...that's CRAZY!!! So that's why I chose to lease. And the way they do it, you actually own the car, they just do your payments where you pay it down to the residual. It's actually a very good deal. And at this point, I've gotten a new car every 3 years so it just makes more sense.

Don't worry about me staying around...I'm definately NOT going anywhere!!! I'm turning into a lurker, big time though, due to school and the new job.

But I miss you guys...I'm having withdrawal symptoms! <smile>

If nothing else, I'll come back WHEN I get my new car to share the joy!

11. Shantel

Mother2...if you don't mind me asking, what are your payments like? How much did you put down? What was your CR like and how hard was it to get? What was your debt to income ratio?

I have the CU app and the CSR told me they are much easier to get than other loans but I have that one collection on my CR that I want to get off. But I'm scared that if I wait, something ELSE really awful and hard to remove will appear and kill my chances.

If you don't want to post the answers here, you can email me at sweetnsas@carolina.rr.com.

Thanks in advance!

12. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Honda pulls from Transunion for my new Honda Passport (couldnt afford the Acura SUV) while i was in Atlanta.

I live in Texas. I hope that helps.

And Good Luck

13. Shantel

Reshod...

Thanks for the info. I figured they would but I didn't even try. I got a good deal with my CU...and, yes, I WAS APPROVED!

And THEN, the dealership calls me today and tells me the CAR IS IN! I'm soooooooo excited!

I just have to fax a copy of my check stub for my file and I'm rolling.

Mother2...I got that email...and THANK YOU!!!!!!

14. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Congrats....Do you want to switch cars????

lol

J/k

15. Shantel

After having wait about 3 months...I think I'll pass Reshod! ;)