Look at How Far We've Come ALL

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dogman, Aug 9, 2000.

1. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

I just wanted to mention that this board has completely changed the way Banks must respond to customers. Look at how many of us have helped each other on all sorts of problems. Look at the unusual bonds between a large group here.

EXAMPLE: Barry and I have swapped messages on lots of credit ideas, along with many of you. I was zapping Barry on my credit, and etc, and we talked live tonight, it was GREAT!

Look at what this board has helped us all learn:

1. Cross Country Bank - avoid
    2. Cap One- good, small increases, fair
    3. Providian -good since FED cleanup -large increases
    4. info on inquiries, how banks approve
    5. chexsystems
    6. how to get prime credit again
    7. who reports, who doesnt
    8. AMEX may forgive bad credit under certain
    circumstances.
    etc etc etc.

Just appreciative of all of us participating
    in this board. This information is like knowing the invoice price of a car B4 ever getting to a dealer.

All of us listening to each other are also actually raising each others, credit scores by knowing which cards approve, which bounce, etc.

I build internet, and information like this has been the largest benefit.

2. Jo

Jo Guest

RE: Look at How Far We've Come

I AGREE! Thanks to all you credit braniacs! (ESPECIALLY DOGMAN!!!) The stupids, like myself, appreciate you guys!

3. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

I can hardly wait for your MBNA response!
    THX JO :)

4. bg

bg Guest

I have said it here before, but if it wasn't
    for this board I don't know what BOB and I would have done. We were able to clear stuff
    off our reports that we never thought possible. And the advice from the regulars and others ( they know who they are) helped us to climb out of a huge hole full of medical bills. We were able to take our kids to Disneyworld this year for their sacrifices
    in helping also. Don't get me wrong we still have a ways to go but with the advice from this board we at least have a direction in which to go, instead of going in circles.
    I know sometimes I get alittle crude but we care about all of you, except the assholes
    who work at CROOKS COUNTRY BANK, but their
    about to get what they deserve. So thanks again everyone.

5. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I agree with you 100% DOGMAN. I have learned so much information about making my credit better. It is unbelievable to think how things were for me before coming to this board & many others. There have been so many helpful people (too many to name). I thank everyone for the valuable information. I almost feel guilty I didn't have to pay for it!....well, almost! :)

6. Justine

Justine Guest

I ditto everyone!

7. <b>pbm</b>

<b>pbm</b> Guest

<b>RE: Look at How Far We've C

<HTML>That's exactly what we hoped this board would do. With a revamp of the site coming soon we intend to begin promoting the board more agressively. We would like to see it become the de-facto place for people to get the lowdown on credit cards/services. And we think we're on the right track.

This board has proven an invaluable resource not only for you, the visitors, but also for Creditnet. We may get credit for hosting it, but our visitors get all the credit for providing feedback that truly makes a difference.

Many thanks,
    pbm
    </HTML>

8. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

This board has helped me get my life back on track after some pretty horrendous years. I had given up hope, thought I was trapped, felt like the failure of the Western World. Lack of knowledge is a dangerous thing--my thanks to everyone on the board for showing me that there ARE options! What's really neat is that once I saw that I had options financially, then I started looking around for options in other areas of my life--and found them! A definite win-win.

9. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

pbm

I very much appreciate your board and these folks.

The amazing thing is that 99% of the time,
    the board teaches needed facts.
    EX: Don't apply for Nextcard unless your credit is perfect. Don't waste the inquiry.

People become friends here too pbm :)
    thanks again for your work - Dog

10. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Miles :)

Thx, and yup I always enjoy your comments.
    Ths SAD THING is millions of people aren't connected to the web.

They don't understand that after BK 3yrs ago, they could be carrying premium cards.
    We all know from each other who is good, bad, etc.

Those folks not on the internet wait 10 yrs or 7 yrs of total despair when folks checking in here quickly get something we all lost, temporarily at one time or another, our respect, and control.

Tell the CC company to go to the Lake of Fire if they don't lower your rate or increase. I would never have even tried that sort of tactic when I started on here maybe a yr back.

Thx buddy.

11. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Nice comment. Kinda like "OK, I can deal with that and fix it!"

Couldn't control my ex wife though :)
    Notice I said EX! That was an eternity and complete lifestyle change - yrs ago!

12. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

CreditWorks has enjoyed our participation on this board and appreciates the opportunity to post from time to time. Our approach to better credit has not caught on with many, but the ones that have tried, have given us the confidence to say. It Works!
    Thanks again.

http://www.creditsense.com

13. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Hey there, Dogman!

Couldn't "control" my ex, either,--life's a lot better now that I'm using that same energy to make things better for myself!

I check this board frequently, learn a lot, save money, and have avoided some mistakes. I've also given the link to my daughter, who is 19. She came to me recently saying she wanted to establish a credit history, and did I know anything about Cross Country Bank....Easy there, Bob! Down, boy! :)

14. Grateful

Grateful Guest

This board did much more than help me reestablish good credit. As a result of the chaos and confusion on the old board, I was awakened to my own chemical dependency and went through rehab. As a dividend of my new life, I have regained my reputation in the community, found satisfaction in my work, and reunited with my ex-wife.
    I also paid off and cancelled my Cross Country Visa.

I have looked forward to reading the posts on this board each morning and will continue to grow and learn from the offerings of the veterans as well as the novices.
    Thanks!

15. Keeper of

Keeper of Guest

My My, you've come a long way being as how your such a *YOUNG* guy.

As far as Cross Country Bank is concerned my records indicate that you are still firmly in the grasp of the Devil Card, don't fib, remember BOB is watching.

16. BOB

BOB Guest

Ok you guy's have me figured out. LOL Yes
    I hate CROOKS COUNTRY BANK WITH A PASSION.
    As do alot of other people. But before long
    CCB will be gone, and everybody will feel better. They have already lost the rights to
    VISA. All their Visa accounts are going to be swithched to MC when the annual fee comes up for remewal, so be prepared.

17. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Grateful - KEWL!

Grateful - I congratulate you - I know that lifestyle, that's how I ended up getting ill in the 70s-80s. Fortunately drugs came out and I live fine now day to day.

Even if you ever slip, who cares - look how well you've done. I can tell you now feel like you can tackle the world and that is the key. You have already been down, and are rising fast.

I was pretty active with lots of partners - for me it was coke and speed. Haven't touched in yrs - just because I'm not interested in mixing anything with the drugs I take. That made it easy for me to be straight.

Thanks for your sharing - I am very proud of you. Now we need to get you a higher limit good card.

All of us will help - everyone helps me :)

A PAT PAT PAT on your back - well done G!!

18. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Keeper of the Lake of Fire

sizzlin commentary !

19. Congrats a

Congrats a Guest

RE: Grateful - KEWL!

The last days of the old board were when I started drinking and I'm not close to paying off Cross Country.
    Glad everyone else is doing well.

20. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

Dogman: Thanks for pointing all this out. Reflection is such an important part of the recovery and/or learning processes, and if we're not careful, it's an easy step to leave out.

If I tried to list all the things I've learned since the first time I accessed this board, I'd have to write a book. I'm sure this applies to more people than we can imagine. Whatever the case, looking back at past ignorance helps us in gaining that bright outlook we all need to move forward.

I'm an old woman with a lot of old friends, and I know quite well what happens when we fail to look forward with a bright outlook. Trust me. We're moving ahead whether we like it or not, and this bright outlook makes a world of difference. The only way to reach that step is to look back at our successes, large and small, and build on them.

As always, I will continue to wish everyone here the greatest future successes.