LOOK what I found!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by seandorfus, Aug 12, 2001.

1. seandorfus

seandorfus New Member

2. themyles

themyles Well-Known Member

Don`t believe the hype!!!!!

3. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

...and then, monkeys flew out of my butt.

4. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

hahahahaha

I almost choked on my morning coffee!!!

5. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

where did the monkeys come from?

6. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

<pat, pat, pat> Patting Erica on the back so she doesn't choke! Teehee.

The monkeys came from the same place that poster "seandorfus" came from. and it funny how they just crawl up your rump sometimes, only to fly out whenever they hear of some questionable happenings!

7. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

lol

8. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Well, everyone, don't be so quick to judge (monkeys included). I just did a NetworkSolutions lookup on the DebtSmart.com domain name -- they've been around since 1998 and are registered through 2003. That in itself doesn't prove much, so I telephoned their office number. Sure enough, I got their voicemail which sounded legit as well. So I left a message; I'll update the board how they handle that during the next few days. Next, I looked over their web site. Very nice! Moreover, the magazine cover they display looks very professional as well with a few interesting teaser headlines. Finally, I read a couple of the articles posted to their site.

Although I found one glaring error written by their guru ("Scott Bilker"), the quality of the site's writing overall is excellent, and the information is good. The glaring error: "The bad news is that if you've made mistakes handling your credit in the past those mistakes cannot be removed from your credit report." Mr. Bilker clearly knows nothing about this board, about the list of negatives I just had deleted last month, about Lexington Law Firm, or Junum, or about the Electronic Credit Repair Kit. For someone who claims to know all about credit, that little tidbit is QUITE surprising. Other than that, Mr. Bilker's site is just plain spiffy if you ask me. I'll be interested in looking over the DebtSmart magazine.

I'll follow up shortly!

Randy

9. themyles

themyles Well-Known Member

Like I said...Don`t believe the hype!!!!

10. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Like I said, hype-man, go with the facts rather than with your nauseatingly ad hominem comments. :)

A quick investigation of Amazon.com shows that Scott Bilker has written a published book, Credit Card & Debt Management, which Amazon says is the 62,725th best-selling book on Amazon, LOL. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0964840197/

So far, this fellow and his web site are checking out. (I guess I'm leaning on the side of believing the hype.)

Randy