looking for small credit limit

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by vlad, Jun 28, 2000.

1. vlad

vlad Guest

I'd like to get a credit card for my daughter. She is 13. It could be on my name. But I'd like her to use it. Most important I need for that account to be with max $150-$200 credit limit. Also I'd like not to pay annual fees. Can you help me to find one?
    Vlad

2. Jon

Jon Guest

RE: looking for small credit l

You may be able to apply for a card, ask for the small limit, and getone issued in her name

3. Paul

Paul Guest

vlad wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I'd like to get a credit card for my daughter. She is 13. It could be on my name. But I'd like her to use it. Most important I need for that account to be with max $150-$200 credit limit. Also I'd like not to pay annual fees. Can you help me to find one?
    Vlad
    -------------------------------

There is a cardservice out there that caters to those who want to give cards to their kids. You set the credit limit, however I believe it is similar to a check card in that you either put money into an account or you actually "purchase" the limit. Cost was only around ten dollars per card. Unfortunately, I recently cleared my history file and don't recall the name. Perhaps someone else on the board does.

Paul

4. Paul

Paul Guest

Found It! RE: looking for sm

http://www.pocketcard.com

5. BOB

BOB Guest

RE: Found It! RE: looking fo

Vlad, Capitol-One bank offers Visa's for high school kids (teenagers) you set the limit, and I'm not sure but I believe there
    was no annual fee. You could always call or
    visit their web site. Capitol-One is a good bank to start your daughter out with.
    Hope this has helped.
    BOB

6. David D

David D Guest

If you have good credit, you should be able to open any credit account you want. Then after you're approved, ask the issuer to lower the credit limit to $150 or $200. Just make sure that your daughter is an authorized user on the account.