Lost or stolen card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Kat, Jun 19, 2001.

1. Kat

Kat Well-Known Member

I recently applied and received a Walmart credit card. When it came in the mail I had to call for a new card that reflected my correct name. I never used the first card I received, and waited for the new one. That never arrived, I called and they cancelled the original card number and sent me a new one. This is now showing on my credit report as lost or stolen, and my new card isn't showing at all. Is this notation of lost/stolen "negative" on a credit report/score?

2. Nia

Nia Well-Known Member

I have the same problem with my CR..My card was stolen and I reported it immediately. At the time I owed $6 b/c I had just done a check by phone and that was the charge for it. Well they closed that account and opened a new one. I got 2 statements one for the new account and one for a $6 balance. I called and they told me they would transfer the $6 to my new card and bill me for it. Now the old account which is closed appears on my report with that same tired ole $6 charge and it says Closed due to Lost/Stolen card....Does this negatively affect my credit? Should I try to get it removed sinc the new account is the same thing?