Lost or Stolen Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Aux, Sep 1, 2001.

1. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have Citbank Platinum since 1998. At the beginning of this year, Egghead.com was intruded by Hacker. A few week later, Citibank Representative called me and told me that I've been using Citibank Credit Card to buy things from Egghead. So they told me that they are going to change my credit card number and send me the new one. Yesterday, I got equifax credit report. It's showed " Lost or Stolen" and now I have 2 tradelines from Citibank.

Is it good or bad to have remark "Lost or Stolen"?

Aux

2. bingo

bingo Member

Its neither good or bad, just neutral w/ no effect on your credit score - and it will show in a seperate place on your credit report, not in the same area as your current active accounts.

3. Surphie

Surphie Well-Known Member

I don't know, but I don't like the "lost" card remark I have.

About duplicate tradelines: it happened to me, and it showed as 2 tradelines as well, actually it is only one, the equifax people would not delete/change/update it. I had to call the bank and waited till they sent them the accurate info.

Problem is now: the bank issued me this card in 1999 , now shows as October 2000, 11 months later! This is my oldest credit card, close to 2 years now, but it shows as a 11 moths credit card. I had and I have only one card with them (Fleet) and they changed account numbers and credit card numbers and this way it showed as 2 different tradelines (cl: the one I had then). I couldn't combine them, the bank rep told me it was a closed account, but reporting as an open account. They changed it and the old card shows as a closed account as of today.

Well you know, the longer accounts have been open the better. . Too many open accounts is not good. And opening new accounts and closing old accounts is bad especially when your credit history isn't very long......
    @!!!!!

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Have you tried PFB?? I had the same thing happen - it was the Egghead incident also - but ,u CCC put the original issue date on the new card. So, it can be done.

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Like I say The reports are rigged thus they always present a distorted picture.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

If a person looks at LOST/STOLEN...

THEY ARE GOING TO ASSUME YOU LOST THE CARD!!!!

Mine was lost in the mail...THEY REFUSED TO PUT "LOST IN MAIL"...they said they don't have those words available"

I SAID TYPEWRITER WORKS FINE!!!

I TYPED IT TWENTY TIMES FOR THEM..."LOST IN MAIL"...

They eventually got tired of me like DISCOVERCARD...and deleted it...

7. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Thank you all of you for the input. I don't like that remark, I guess I will have to call Citibank.

Thanks