lostinplace

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Thanks Ron, Nov 6, 2000.

1. Thanks Ron

Thanks Ron Guest

I wanted to thank everyone for making this board a practical guide for reestablishing credit and establishing credit. Since I started reading this board about three months or so ago, I hadn't a clue as to how to go about repairing my credit following an accident and extended period of disability (so, much for disability insurance and earned sick time from work).
    Taking the advice and encouragement from Roni and others (Momof3, Doris, Killer, and Mp$40, to name a few), I took the plunge with two unpaid charge offs from 1998 and two unpaid collections, also from 1998, on all three of my credit reports. I applied for the Citibank AAdvantage Silver and the next day at work, the AAdvantage Gold.
    Since reading this board, here is where I currently:
    Target: denied
    Sunoco: denied
    NextCard: denied
    Chevron: No denial letter and no response as of yet.
    Gateway: Approved
    Orchard: Approved
    Wells Fargo: Approved, but denied for opening a checking account, due to a 1998 overdraft entry with ChexSystem.
    Providian: Approved
    Capital One: Reissued a Visa from Charge Off status, to current status, with $300.00 old debt attached (didn't feel like waiting four more years for it to drop off my credit reports).
    Citibank: denied, received the denial letter about 9 days ago, and last week, and about 6 days ago, received two letters from Citibank, stating that they can not process my applications because they only allow two applications within a 60 day period. That's funny, I only applied twice, once for the Silver AAdvantage and once the next day, for the Gold AAdvantage Card.
    Low and behold, I come home from a long day of work and overtime and I received the Silver AAdvantage Card in the mail. :)
    Awesome, does that mean that the Gold AAdvantage will come too? No matter, because today, I just got approval to refinance my student loans at a much lower interest rate, so I can pay off the principal sooner.
    Tomorrow, I'll start disputing the erroneous information in my credit reports: 1 charge off, and two, two-year old collections. Gosh, it feels good, to finally feel like I'm moving forward, now that I can see positive benefits of managing the financial aspects of my life. My next goal, is to finish my graduate studies and buy a home in a few years. Once again, thanks to everyone for their time and advice and more power to you all! no longer, totally, lostinplace. lostinplace

2. Killer

Killer Guest

Congrats!

Well I guess Citibank after denial is real! I wasn't as lucky. I can't figure out what they are basing their decision on! I give up!

May I ask what type of account you received from Wells Fargo?

Thanks and Congrats again!

3. Thanks Ron

Thanks Ron Guest

Hi Killer,
    About four years ago, I had an secured account with Community Bank of Parker (Colorado) and after two years or so, they were brought out by NorWest Bank. NorWest Bank sent my $300.00 secured deposit back and sent me an unsecured NorWest Visa card with $500.00 as a credit line. After one year with NorWest Bank, Wells Fargo takes over their credit cards and issues me a Wells Fargo unsecured credit card, although the credit line remains at $500.00.
    I ask a representative from Wells Fargo to open a checking account with them (after being with them for 8 months and meticulous on-time payments and never over-the-limit) and was denied and received a hard inquiry on my Experian credit report. So, I got my report from ChexSystem and sorted out the overdraft from 1998 and will try once again with Wells Fargo, because I want to join their Frequent Flyer program called, "WellsMiles."

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

To : lostinplace

Congratulation Lost,
    I would say that you are making the right steps toward "credit freedom". It can feel like bondage while we struggle through credit troubles. I am glad that you benefitted from the citibank tip. I feels good to get approved after all those denials, especially from citibank. Welcome back to the prime card world. Dont forget to give Chase a chance in about a month. Congrats on all you other accounts. And always remember to use credit and dont let it use you. Make sure you join us in our next chat section. www.creditmania.com in the chat room. As Always- Good Luck!

Roni.

Thanks Roni for Citibank Info. wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I wanted to thank everyone for making this board a practical guide for reestablishing credit and establishing credit. Since I started reading this board about three months or so ago, I hadn't a clue as to how to go about repairing my credit following an accident and extended period of disability (so, much for disability insurance and earned sick time from work).
    Taking the advice and encouragement from Roni and others (Momof3, Doris, Killer, and Mp$40, to name a few), I took the plunge with two unpaid charge offs from 1998 and two unpaid collections, also from 1998, on all three of my credit reports. I applied for the Citibank AAdvantage Silver and the next day at work, the AAdvantage Gold.
    Since reading this board, here is where I currently:
    Target: denied
    Sunoco: denied
    NextCard: denied
    Chevron: No denial letter and no response as of yet.
    Gateway: Approved
    Orchard: Approved
    Wells Fargo: Approved, but denied for opening a checking acco....

5. lostinplac

lostinplac Guest

RE: To : Roni

I would have never gotten the courage to move forward with my credit situation, if I hadn't of read your most encouraging posts. I felt that our credit situation were very much alike, so I took your advice. I will be at school in January 2001, so I think I will wait until my Citibank account ages for a few months before trying out for Chase. Yes, I can't thank everyone enough! lostinplace