lot of 'paid collections'; dis

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MrBelvedr, Aug 20, 2000.

1. MrBelvedr

MrBelvedr Guest

I need a strategy for my dispute letters. I have paid all the items in full, but I still have a lot of 'paid collections' on my credit report. When i write my dispute letter, what reason should I give the CRA as to why they should re-investigate the items?

Thanks!

2. Pat

Pat Guest

RE: lot of 'paid collections';

what state are you in?
    State law often requires the paid collections to be removed after 5 years, a shorter time than the 7 years provided by the FCRA.

3. MrBelvedr

MrBelvedr Guest

I am in VA. Where can I get info on VA?

Thanks Pat!

Pat wrote:
    -------------------------------
    what state are you in?
    State law often requires the paid collections to be removed after 5 years, a shorter time than the 7 years provided by the FCRA.

4. MrBelvedr

MrBelvedr Guest

I am in VA. Where can I get info on VA?

Thanks Pat!

Pat wrote:
    -------------------------------
    what state are you in?

5. Rob M

Rob M Guest

Compose despute letters to all three CRAs, desputing only three items at a time. Be specific and direct regarding each credit item you're desputing. Before desputing additional items, wait at least 60 days.Providing the items have been "paid in full", the creditor usually will not take the time to verify the items with the CRAs and the items will be deleted.

GOOD LUCK

6. Michael H.

Michael H. Guest

The best thing to do is tell them that the accounts were paid and that informaiton listed is incorrect. They are suppose to investigate when you disagree.

7. MrBelvedr

MrBelvedr Guest

no, see, the accounts are paid in full already. The credit report is accurate and says that "account transferreed ir sold". others say "paid collection". How can I get them to completely delete the entry? I already disputed it and they verified it as correct.

8. MrBelvedr

MrBelvedr Guest

ROB lot of 'paid collections';

Rob-
    What is the advantage of only disputing three items at a time?

Tm

9. Rob M

Rob M Guest

RE: ROB lot of 'paid collectio

If you despute an excessive number of items for deletion the CRAs may think you're attempting credit repair and disregard any further requests from you. As a matter of fact it's a good idea to wait 6 months between challenging any additional items. Credit repair is possible, but requires extreme patience.