low rate credit cards after B.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Colleen Ro, Mar 28, 2000.

1. Colleen Ro

Colleen Ro Guest

Does anyone know of any credit cards that have an APR of between 10-15%. I declared bankruptcy in 1996. I have reestablished credit(have credit cards,car lease, mortgage)
    The problem is that my credit cards have very high APR's(21-24%)Are ther any banks out there who would work with me. My income is over 50k and I have called the banks and asked them to lower the rates. They have refused. Thanks

2. David

David Well-Known Member

RE: low rate credit cards afte

You're just a dildo to them. They don't care. Unfortunately, this is a situation where you are being punished for not playing the game right by declaring BK.

First Consumer's National Bank has an unsecured card program for people who have delcared BK. The rate is 20%. Starting next month, a program in which lower rates will be possible (so they told me yesterday) but you must have the card at least one year.

3. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

RE: low rate credit cards afte

When you have credit cards that have a high interest rate, they are never willing to lower them until you get a credit with a lower interest rate, then mysteriously everyone offers you the lower interest rate. Unfortunately, this is the way the game is played. Keep trying about six months to take advantage of some of the low introductory rate cards (read the small print carefully). You don't want to pay anything over 12.9% (not that if you can help it). Then everyone else will follow suit.